Range Extender Problem

Reaction score
Hey guys i had a little problem and i wanted to see what everyone else thought.
I was holding my range extender in my hand and it dropped ever so slightly, Since then it does not seem to power on.( No Green Light)
I went to plug it into the power, and if i try to power it, it works, I dont seem to be able to connect to it from my tablet.
I do not remember if this is normal if the range extender was not charged. Maybe the drop somehow discharged it.
I did open it and unscrewed all 4 little screws and the 4 holding the case together, Everything seemed to be in tact.
Does anyone understand what the problem is, and how i can fix it.
Thank You

I don't think that a slight drop would get it damaged beyond repair (a drill to the circut board inside, yes, but that's another story). There is a reset button new to the on-off switch--you might want to try resetting it and making sure it's binded to the camera. Look under binding under settings in the phone app, (you'll need the QR code on the box the Phantom came in for that). Make sure it's well-charged (does it glow orange/green when plugged into the USB). Also, if you took it apart, make sure the switch lines up correctly for it to engage, you'll also notice where 2 antenna wires are connected to one end of the boards. Make sure those are solid. Oh and don't strip those case screws!

It was a modified the range extender, i left that part out on purpose, as the range extender worked fine before the drop.
I re opened it and unpluged one antenna(the second factory antenna) and the power started working without powering from the usb.
I started trying to connect from the tablet, the phantom showed up here and there but i was not able to maintain the cdesired connection. And when i connected successfully i was unable to view my sd card from the ps3v camera or view video feed.
The power works and looks like its processing and working, but something is malfunctioning.
I ret and reset the range extender and try to rebind, but no good.

Could i send this back to dji and get a replacement, even if it has a whole on the side of the plastic?
I should still be covered under there warranty.

Well quick update, i guess it needed some time to work, but it is working fine now, as far as i know there is no connection issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20