range extender antennas

Reaction score
does anyone know, regarding the wifi range extender, exactly how the antennas function? there are obviously two antenna jacks on the board. i have fpvlr antennas attached in place of stock, and more recently obtained a Sunhans sh-2500 amplifier.

i am wondering whether both antenna leads off the board serve communication with the phantom, or does one communicate with the phantom and the other just communicate with my phone? if so, then from which antenna jack should the wire run to the new amplifier? and i'd imagine in the latter case that one of the two fpvlr antennas i've attached is probably completely unnecessary, if it's only serving communication with the nearby phone?

thanks.

on further consideration, i think my thinking is flawed.

there must only be one radio in the extender, no? both the phantom and the phone must be clients.

therefore, both antennae must be serving the same radio, each helping improve signal in different ways.

thanks for your consideration, and any other comments at any rate...

dahlheim said:
on further consideration, i think my thinking is flawed.

there must only be one radio in the extender, no? both the phantom and the phone must be clients.

therefore, both antennae must be serving the same radio, each helping improve signal in different ways.

thanks for your consideration, and any other comments at any rate...

Look here: viewtopic.php?t=29896&p=274134

I did see, in a YouTube video by ben7something (can't remember his name), that the extender switches between antennas depending on which has the better signal. I don't, however, know the validity of that statement.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj