Range / ANT mods for P3

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good resources for modding the ANT on the controller and the Phantom 3 for extended range?

I'm not looking for the $314 FPVLR kit, but rather a place that explains how it works and how to make one from scratch.

Just get a couple 2.4ghz 2500mW WiFi boosters from amazon. Then pick up a couple 6-10 dbi OMNI directional 2.4g antennas. A few radio shack patch cables and a way to power boosters. And be done with it. Less than $100.

You don't even need the boosters... just the patch antennas will run you out as far as the battery can fly.

Controller upgrade info here...
cheaper antenna in my signature...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you think boosters would help with inner city object penetration? I'm still putting my shopping list together so I'll ditch the Boosters if it makes no difference.

Anyone know what the stock dbm, dbi, and mw is for our Tx?

Also I didn't think we had 5.8? I thought everything was 2.4 on the new phantom?

Do you think boosters would help with inner city object penetration? I'm still putting my shopping list together so I'll ditch the Boosters if it makes no difference.

Anyone know what the stock dbm, dbi, and mw is for our Tx?

Power booster will make a difference if flying in a heavily congested WiFi area and long range flight is desired so sure it will absolutely make a difference in those situations.

As far as 5.8 is concerned that is the inspire 1 control only and is used specifically for the dual controller setup where the camera operator controller connects to the pilots control via the 5.8 ghz link

So aside from the 5.8 comments i think that video was pretty helpful.

I'll stick with the booster just because every corner in Las Vegas feels like they need WiFi

Does anyone have any good resources for modding the ANT on the controller and the Phantom 3 for extended range?

I'm not looking for the $314 FPVLR kit, but rather a place that explains how it works and how to make one from scratch.

Here's the best bang for your buck, bar none !

Read the comments about this "antenna booster" on this forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...-Video-Range-Booster-Windsurfer-/261966558715

David is a stand up guy and this is a really nice non-invasive mod that really works.

:harry

Here's the best bang for your buck, bar none !

Read the comments about this "antenna booster" on this forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...-Video-Range-Booster-Windsurfer-/261966558715

David is a stand up guy and this is a really nice non-invasive mod that really works.

:harry
YES, Get this. it works. it helps with penetration(Thick woods) a little . But for line of sight , my best was 3500'. (LOS)today I did 13900' one way ,(27892 R/T. )Max atti was 102'
It was a good rush

Reactions: Jbundy63
I flew 12,000 feet (24k total) on my first long range flight with the p 3 this weekend at the beach. Down the coast at 250ish feet. Full bars the entire way. Only issue I had was a tilted horizon (always there dammit). Minimal wind that evening. 60% battery upon return. No joke.

... Oh and it was a STOCK unit. Pretty sure I could have gone to 3.5 miles easily.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I flew 12,000 feet (24k total) on my first long range flight with the p 3 this weekend at the beach. Down the coast at 250ish feet. Full bars the entire way. Only issue I had was a tilted horizon (always there dammit). Minimal wind that evening. 60% battery upon return. No joke.

... Oh and it was a STOCK unit. Pretty sure I could have gone to 3.5 miles easily.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I was so excited to get my range ,I did not even think of taking the windsufer off and give it a shot with out it. I'll try that next

Dbsmods.com
Definitely the best deal going around .
209 bucks for the antenna and complete install. Can't beat that prices. There's some people that charge 200 just to do the install. Dbs does the cleanest modifications around as well. Amazing work!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.