Random P2 Crash!!! Why I ask?

Reaction score
Help!!!
Brand new P2 Zenmuse h2-3d less than 10 flights. Upgraded, updated,compass calibrated, middle of nowhere, flown perfectly earlier that day, went thru checklist, flying in GPS and waited for home lock. It was stable at takeoff and initial hover. Notice as it banks that the gimbal didn't stay on horizon. WTF happened? NAZA malfunction? Me?
Now I have a jacked gimbal doing wierd stuff when the copter rotates. Flew again yesterday, phantom seems stable.
Any chance of warranty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id-prouboj4&feature=youtu.be

Just a guess, but you took off from a nice huge metal object, your truck, which likely means the compass was not able to initialize properly causing conflicting information between IMU and compass. You may have even been getting yellow and red alternating lights at take off indicating this. You will find that if you take off in a clear area of grass, calibrating compass first, then waiting for full GPS fix, that this probably won't happen.

But now that you've had a crash, physically inspect everything, especially motors, recalibrate IMU and then try again carefully. Take off, hover, make sure it can hold its position, test controls, then fly.

Didn't think of that one. DOH! The other thought was a cracked left rear prop? After the crash it was missing about an inch at the end, but figured it happened on impact.

Mav456 said:
If you own a phantom, you Will crash inevitably

..... and if you don't, you're not flying it enough :lol:

Hi, I had a crash yesterday of my month old P2 which couldn't be prevented. Spent the whole weekend reading about "NAZA flyaway". Unfortunatelly, DJI knows about this problem but won't do anything other than releasing new firmwares.
I will not keep on flying something I cannot trust! Luckily, this time it was just a tree crash, nobody got hurt.
This is a serious issue. Try to look it up and educate yourself on this topic. All DJI Flight Controllers are flawed. Lucky ones crash Phantom and recover, the less lucky lose Phantom and others lose S800 with cinematic equipment.

Droid said:
Hi, I had a crash yesterday of my month old P2 which couldn't be prevented. Spent the whole weekend reading about "NAZA flyaway". Unfortunatelly, DJI knows about this problem but won't do anything other than releasing new firmwares.
I will not keep on flying something I cannot trust! Luckily, this time it was just a tree crash, nobody got hurt.
This is a serious issue. Try to look it up and educate yourself on this topic. All DJI Flight Controllers are flawed. Lucky ones crash Phantom and recover, the less lucky lose Phantom and others lose S800 with cinematic equipment.

Sorry Droid but you need to explain your situation a little better. Most all the P2 flyways we've had on this forum can be explained including the one in this thread. Most of the time they are user error or a mechanical issue. So instead of blaming the P2 outright, maybe you could describe the circumstances in detail and we can help you figure out what happened. If it was indeed a flyaway, you would be helping the forum and yourself to understand what happened. I would suggest you start your own thread and we can take it from there.

ianwood said:
Droid said:

Sorry Droid but you need to explain your situation a little better. Most all the P2 flyways we've had on this forum can be explained including the one in this thread. Most of the time they are user error or a mechanical issue. So instead of blaming the P2 outright, maybe you could describe the circumstances in detail and we can help you figure out what happened. If it was indeed a flyaway, you would be helping the forum and yourself to understand what happened. I would suggest you start your own thread and we can take it from there.

agreed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1