Random low res video

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been shooting with my Phantom 4 Pro and without changing the settings, it goes from 4K to some sort of blurry resolution video. I definitely don't manually change it. What gives? I should also say, some of the shots are at the time of sunset and so lighting is changing. Does that affect the resolution? If so, how does this all work?

Hi there,

I've been shooting with my Phantom 4 Pro and without changing the settings, it goes from 4K to some sort of blurry resolution video. I definitely don't manually change it. What gives? I should also say, some of the shots are at the time of sunset and so lighting is changing. Does that affect the resolution? If so, how does this all work?
You are probably misusing the word resolution.
If you're shooting in 3840×2160, it's probably impossible for the camera to change the resolution to a different one..
For anyone to comment they probably need to see an example.

You are probably misusing the word resolution.
If you're shooting in 3840×2160, it's probably impossible for the camera to change the resolution to a different one..
For anyone to comment they probably need to see an example.

Not to butt heads but I don't think I am misusing the word. It's more pixelated in certain cases without me changing the settings. I'm guessing it's because of lowlight but I'm not sure.

Not to butt heads but I don't think I am misusing the word. It's more pixelated in certain cases without me changing the settings. I'm guessing it's because of lowlight but I'm not sure.
Resolution refers to the pixel size of your image and that isn't going to change while you are videoing.
Perhaps you have focus or exposure problems but your resolution isn't changing.
Are you getting your video from the SD card?
If you want suggestions, it would help to see what the issue looks like.
Any chance of an example?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr