Random loss of Connection.

Reaction score
Hello all,

let me just say i love coming back to this site even tho it always means my drone is in bad condition. Its great to know that there is a place like this for help on anything.
Here is my issue. Turn my Pro on, connects normally, warms up does its thing. I calibrate the compass, make sure the radio freq is fine all that jazz. once i start the motors and hover for a few seconds i start to notice that the height of the drone goes in and out on my screen. For a second or less then it recovers back to normal. Now if i try to fly straight you can see this happening because the drone will be in a tilt to move forward but abruptly level it self out then start to move forward again. like the signal is glitching out. this happens pretty quick, about once every 2-5 sec. So right there i know things are not right but i try to trouble shoot in the air to find out whats wrong. If i stay in the air long enough the signal will be lost completely and return to home is in affect. I am still getting FPV and the camera will react just fine, still allowing me to take pictures, and even able to rotate the drone. Im getting frustrated because i feel like i have tried everything. reinstall the latest FW, calibrate the IMU, and toggling the visual guidance system. The strange thing is, that if i land it and reboot both controller and drone. It will sometimes fly fine for 8-10 min. then the same things start to happen. I will now whens its all about to start because on my screen i will start to get a warning saying "switch flight mode..." (im at work and cant remember the entire warning)
FEWWWW. i think that about it. Im really hoping some of you have some suggestions for me, the last think i want to do is send it in. I have clients that are relying on me for some shots in the next weeks.
Again thank everyone! even you cant help its great to see and hear from you all!!

UPDATE - tried a different controller thinking that could have something to do with it.. it didnt.
also he warning says "please change settings to GPS"

Last edited:
Mine was acting similarly strange the last few flights. Try a different battery, and as crazy as it sounds a different SD card. That helped mine, but I haven't flown enough to know if it completely fixed it.

I also recalibrated the IMU twice and the gimbal.

Mine was acting similarly strange the last few flights. Try a different battery, and as crazy as it sounds a different SD card. That helped mine, but I haven't flown enough to know if it completely fixed it.

I also recalibrated the IMU twice and the gimbal.

i have tried different battery's, no change but i will play around with different SD cards thanks for the tip!

UPDATE 2: Oct. 8, 2016 Completed upgrade to 1.6.8 with DJI go 3.0 and IOS 10 on Apple 6+ with P3S. Today, I took it on a test flight at my favorite spot. Fiirst flight which was a 400' hover no radius. Made sever 1500-2000 feet flights. Last flight, with Skyreat, made it out to 2800 feet and 150' altitude before first signal alert. I am sure I could have gone further but I didn't want to push it. I am very happy with the performance. These were my highest and longest flights to date, and first use of Skyreat. By the way, I am a newbie, I have only had quad for 2 weeks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj