random connection loss

Reaction score
I just bought a dji phantom 2 that holds a go pro (have no idea the model) on craigslist and I have no idea about these things, it flies great but loses connection with the remote and the quad randomly and then lands itself in the yard, ive read things that says to update firmware but I don't know how to do that....when I plug the quad into the computer nothing really pops up, do I download something? and this happens when I plug in the remote as well, it just charges.. I need to get this thing right before my husbands birthday....

Yes you need to go to DJI web page for the phantom 2 and the click downloads to start. Then go to assistant and down load the latest software.

So after I download this my computer should recognize the quad when I plug it up? And updating firmware should eliminate the random connection to the remote loss while in flight?

So after I download this my computer should recognize the quad when I plug it up? And updating firmware should eliminate the random connection to the remote loss while in flight?

Its a must, and also make sure those radio batteries are fully charged, that might be the problem with the random loss of connection in flight. Is both of your little silver switches in the top spot? Could also be a bad connection at the battery...clean those little brass taps. Another thing it could be is a bad battery.

I went to the dji website and the only downloads there was for phantom 3 and 4, is there somewhere else I should look? and both of the batteries on the quad and the controller have all the bars lit up after charging, could they still be bad?

I went to the dji website and the only downloads there was for phantom 3 and 4, is there somewhere else I should look? and both of the batteries on the quad and the controller have all the bars lit up after charging, could they still be bad?

Use this link. Phantom 2 Vision - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI
Download the following EXE files Phantom 2 vision assistant v3.8, Phantom RC assistant v1.2 and whether you need it or not DJI Windows Driver. Don't worry because these say it for a vision there the same firmware for both models. If you're running a Mac download the DMG version.

Here's a link to the users manual for that model.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

ok I have both of those things downloaded, do I need to register the quad somehow? and when I hook it up to the computer do I need to have it on or off? thank you so so much for all your help, I bought this deal for $200 and I felt like it was a good deal but now im not so sure.....

ok I have both of those things downloaded, do I need to register the quad somehow? and when I hook it up to the computer do I need to have it on or off? thank you so so much for all your help, I bought this deal for $200 and I felt like it was a good deal but now im not so sure.....

Yes you do have to register the quad and here's the link. Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration

Now that you have downloaded the firmware for both the RC and P2 you need to start with the RC controller and of course it must be turned on. First of all make sure the RC is in mode 2 and there are instruction on the left side if you need help. Once you have finished with the controller connect the P2 to its software with the controller turned on and go through the complete setup. The most important calibration that must be done is the advanced IMU calibration on a completely level surface and you'll find that in the tools tab.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic