Ram of the mobile phone

Reaction score
When i fly my p3s i use a huawei p8 or a sony Z2.
Both with 3gb ram.
Now i am looking with biger screen like tablet 7" or 8".
1gb ram in tablet is ok to fly the bird????

Device memory and RAM are two different things, the OP asked about the latter. My cheap Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" has 8GB device memory and 1.5GB RAM, and it works well with DJI GO. It's not exactly a speed demon, but the problem is not the RAM. As a matter of fact, if you look on the chart that @RodPad posted, many Apple devices recommended by DJI have as low as 1GB RAM. On the Android front, it seems recommended devices are more in the 2-3GB range.

Reactions: RodPad
Device memory and RAM are two different things, the OP asked about the latter. My cheap Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" has 8GB device memory and 1.5GB RAM, and it works well with DJI GO. It's not exactly a speed demon, but the problem is not the RAM. As a matter of fact, if you look on the chart that @RodPad posted, many Apple devices recommended by DJI have as low as 1GB RAM. On the Android front, it seems recommended devices are more in the 2-3GB range.
Thanks for the clarification!

Rod

The cheap Lenovo 7" has 1GB RAM and runs well. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Yeah, I'm still confused.:)

Rod

Yes, 1gb works, but more is better though.

@Squirrel!,
Dude, You have a like a book of details, are you advertising :rolleyes:
I will turn you in..;)

Rod

Added:
You can *iss *y *ss, not on the left side, not on the right side, but right in the ______? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel!
@Squirrel!,
Dude, You have a like a book of details, are you advertising :rolleyes:
I will turn you in..;)

Rod

Added:
You can *iss *y *ss, not on the left side, not on the right side, but right in the ______? :D
LMAO! :D

How have you been, brother? Been awhile. But obviously not long enough. :p

I use an iPod touch 6th generation that has the A8 chip with 1GB of RAM and works FANTASTICALLY.

I have an Pendo android tablet (no big name brand) with 1GB of RAM and is nowhere near as good.

If Apple, any device after the iPhone 5, iPad 3, mini 2 or Air will be more than fine. Apple products are optimised really well to work with very little RAM. Newer iPhones or iPads may get around the menus slightly quicker or give you slightly better live feed.

Androids need at least 2GB because their processors are not well optimised for the individual device.

Hope that clears up the waters a bit

I use an iPod touch 6th generation that has the A8 chip with 1GB of RAM and works FANTASTICALLY.

I have an Pendo android tablet (no big name brand) with 1GB of RAM and is nowhere near as good.

If Apple, any device after the iPhone 5, iPad 3, mini 2 or Air will be more than fine. Apple products are optimised really well to work with very little RAM. Newer iPhones or iPads may get around the menus slightly quicker or give you slightly better live feed.

Androids need at least 2GB because their processors are not well optimised for the individual device.

Hope that clears up the waters a bit
Please, let's not make this an Apple vs. Android thread. 1 gb in android works just fine as evidenced by my use of an Acer Tab 10 with only 1 gig ram. No issues at all. I ended up having issues with the tablet and just reverted to using my much less expensive ($60?) Amazon Prime BLU phone with 2gb ram and the performance is not noticeably "quicker" nor was there any "better live feed".

Now this is what I am getting. 4GB of ram (not to be confused with 4GB of memory) look at the price of this and 10" screen
1502201810233.png

Reactions: Squirrel!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20