Rage Cam lens advice

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm finding that I don't love the results of removing the fisheye effect with software. Does anyone have any experience exchanging their stock GoPro lens for a Ragecam lens? If so, what one and can it be done at home or do I need to send the camera away?

Thanks for any thoughts...

Jim

I did the conversion to Rangecam myself .It is not to difficult to replace it ( on there website replacement video is a butcher job) ,but I don't know if I would go for that lens again , I did expect bit more from $350 lens.

im thinkinf to buy a 5.4 ragecam lens, could you post some images as an example about why you expected mor from the lens.
thanks.

Well there is few things about the lens
_ I called the store asking if the lens has antireflection coating ,and I was told yes ,but it is not.
_ this lens is replacement lens for security cameras ,and later on I learned on internet it is worth pros.$100 (google internet for more info)
_ to use this lens ,the craft has to have minimum vibration to get good results , and when panning or turning it has fish tank/ magnifying glass effect.
_ it is thru the horizon is straight and field of view is nice when the settings in Gopro is set to wide ( as you know GoPro set to wide field of view has all functions available ;but if you switch to medium or narrow you are loosing some GOPro functions)
With GP4 I use medium FOV (original lens) and I am satisfied with the results ,and some of my friends are using narrow FOV most of the time.
If you decide to go with the lens ,i will send you few tips how to replace it "the clean way" ,and remember to keep the original lens, in case.

" I know what the real pain is , I am married and I have three daughters"

There is a company called Peau Productions that sells the lens for $120 plus around $10. for shipping.

latecomer said:
There is a company called Peau Productions that sells the lens for $120 plus around $10. for shipping.
Not glass lens, they are cheap plastic.

Best lens are from either AICO or surveilzone.com or ostrc.com
They are real glass and high quality work on hero 3, 3+ and hero4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31