Radios Phantom TX - I'll start

Reaction score
I searched Help for a place for Radio / TX questions and there didn't seem to be any so...

Some of you might already know about my whining about my Beholder Lite Alexmos ( yargh) but I can also whine about my Phantom radio Pitch troubles.

Trying to get the Beholder to pitch seemed easy enough, but the included lever it turns out didn't reach all the way to the X in the pot. Here we go. In the NAZA (phantom 1.1.1 ) assistant software, the X1 or pitch pot data showed the lever only actuating the pot to values between 450 to 989 or so , never clean to either extreme.(the stem seems short on the lever and the X in the end is very soft/ shallow) It has always been the only trouble I've ever seen in the NAZA assistant, all other values work beautifully. In the course of wrestling the beholder I decided to see how well the pot itself actuated and while in there plugged in the radio usb to the Radio Assistant ( cool , told me to update some firmware, calibrates even better now , clean 1000 / -1000 on all pots) but now the pitch pot does nearly nothing ( turning it slowly giggles the numbers randomly between 265 and 980 but mostly it doesn't move them at all ) . I am wondering if pots die or if I accidently over-spun it and killed it?
There is another pot just below it that is also accessible from the outside with a screw driver and it's wired into the board but doesn't seem to move any digits anywhere in the NAZA. Is this pot superfluous? Or is it the F1 roll no-one uses? Curious if one can sacrifice it and use it to replace the possibly damaged Pitch pot.
If I can't do without it can anyone tell me what it is I'd want to buy when I walk into the electronics store? ( the name and or specs of the pot , the little wee one. ) I know people replace them with exterior mounted pivot pots ( 1 ohm? ) and I might go that route but for now I'd like to see if I can rescue the one where it is.

Thanks everyone.

DistantEarlyWarning said:
I searched Help for a place for Radio / TX questions and there didn't seem to be any so...

Some of you might already know about my whining about my Beholder Lite Alexmos ( yargh) but I can also whine about my Phantom radio Pitch troubles.

Trying to get the Beholder to pitch seemed easy enough, but the included lever it turns out didn't reach all the way to the X in the pot. Here we go. In the NAZA (phantom 1.1.1 ) assistant software, the X1 or pitch pot data showed the lever only actuating the pot to values between 450 to 989 or so , never clean to either extreme.(the stem seems short on the lever and the X in the end is very soft/ shallow) It has always been the only trouble I've ever seen in the NAZA assistant, all other values work beautifully. In the course of wrestling the beholder I decided to see how well the pot itself actuated and while in there plugged in the radio usb to the Radio Assistant ( cool , told me to update some firmware, calibrates even better now , clean 1000 / -1000 on all pots) but now the pitch pot does nearly nothing ( turning it slowly giggles the numbers randomly between 265 and 980 but mostly it doesn't move them at all ) . I am wondering if pots die or if I accidently over-spun it and killed it?
There is another pot just below it that is also accessible from the outside with a screw driver and it's wired into the board but doesn't seem to move any digits anywhere in the NAZA. Is this pot superfluous? Or is it the F1 roll no-one uses? Curious if one can sacrifice it and use it to replace the possibly damaged Pitch pot.
If I can't do without it can anyone tell me what it is I'd want to buy when I walk into the electronics store? ( the name and or specs of the pot , the little wee one. ) I know people replace them with exterior mounted pivot pots ( 1 ohm? ) and I might go that route but for now I'd like to see if I can rescue the one where it is.

Thanks everyone.

Did you ever get an answer to this? I had the same problem, but was able to correct it. Let me know if you still need a hand.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik