Radio Signal Strength Icon 3 Bars

Reaction score
Equipment:
Phantom 2
Data Link 2.4
iPad w Ground Station app
Firmware / software last updated Oct 2014

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the link between the air and ground units? On the iPad GS app the signal strength icon appears to have 4 possible bars to indicate max signal strength. The most I've been able to achieve is 3 bars no matter where the air and ground units are placed. I can upload missions to the phantom without issue and everything functions as it should. I'm still trying to determine the range before signal loss because it's new. At 400 feet I have a signal most of the time and can follow the phantom on the map, but at best I'm starting off with 3 bars maximum signal strength.

The environment is a golf course largely free of RF interference. IPhone and IPad WiFi switched off. I bench tested the equipment before installing in the phantom as well. At that time also only 3 bars max strength indicated on the app icon.

Is this a glitch in the GS app? Would the PC software display signal strength in db somewhere rather than an icon? I'm just curious to know if I have a signal issue or not. Otherwise Im enjoying the Data Link and flying waypoints!

Thanks!

I had the phantom out to 2000 feet away at an altitude of 350 feet. The 3 bars were stable most of the flight (again - anyone have 4 bars of signal strength) with only a few drop outs. I was able to track the bird without issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31