Radio interference after update RC/CRAFT/Battery

Reaction score
I was just update to latest firmware, and get this error message:
"Strong interference, please be cautious in long distance flight."

Craft was update to ver. 1.6.0040, using a micro SD card, placed into the SD card slot in my bird. The little LED in front of camera starting flashing red/green, after 30 minutes, steady green light, but it was still sound biip---bipp to heare.. Turn off, insert battery 2, and turn on, battery updated, same for battery no 3, as well. The App was update using Wi-Fi and using inade GO app to fix update.

App-GO ver. 2.0.2

The video signal from camera transfer, but also her, "Bad image data... A lot of post similar to my problem is to read at forums, but did not se any solution. Any with tip? Thanks!

Beware of the message-- strong interference means exactly that-- no firmware upgrade is causing the strong interference signal-- beware of the the area that you are trying to fly.

I have gotten the same message after updating. However, this was after I did a couple of flights without getting the message and without a problem, after the update. Plus, it got weirder, as I described in this thread: Slave trying to take control on P3P?! (Plus: no signal) | DJI Phantom Forum

@bobmyers - isn't it the software that detects the interference, though? So, couldn't the faulty software cause a wrong conclusion?

I do not exclude the option of actual radio interference, but where I was flying - out on the country side, no transmitter poles, no factories, neighbors quite far away - I never have gotten this message before. What could cause radio interference?

Last edited:
Well, this area, this same area I have done flight from over 7 mounth ago. This area are just outside living room, my balkony. Turn off Wi-Fi at my tab, removed my smart watch, removing the tracker fro bird. AND, no connection with P3! Go inside the house, same error continues. Why no connection with UVA? Green led at RC lighting. No solution, so far, else to downgrade firmware.

I have the exact same problem. Just updated bird and txt file said success. Updated RC controler through the APP as you did and now get the exact same message and does not read battery level. Reading 0%. This is 100% result of firmware update. Someone please help. Can you do a roll back ? P
P.S. APP says all firmware up to date.

I have gotten the same message after updating. However, this was after I did a couple of flights without getting the message and without a problem, after the update. Plus, it got weirder, as I described in this thread: Slave trying to take control on P3P?! (Plus: no signal) | DJI Phantom Forum

@bobmyers - isn't it the software that detects the interference, though? So, couldn't the faulty software cause a wrong conclusion?

I do not exclude the option of actual radio interference, but where I was flying - out on the country side, no transmitter poles, no factories, neighbors quite far away - I never have gotten this message before. What could cause radio interference?
Wifi sigals-- cell towers-- FAA towers-- radio towers-- hard to pinpoint it unless you have a scanner.

Don't confuse software with firmware-- one operates the aircraft hardware and one tells you what the hardware is doing.

Wifi sigals-- cell towers-- FAA towers-- radio towers-- hard to pinpoint it unless you have a scanner.

Don't confuse software with firmware-- one operates the aircraft hardware and one tells you what the hardware is doing.

'Of course, FW are for hardware upgrade, Update software as named tells. Believe it or not, SOLUTION: Install SOFTWARE updated for GO once again! Play ON!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj