Radio channel quality issues?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'v been messing around with my new P3A on the ground and am concerned about the Radio channel quality. It seems to go from good to poor regularly and warns about not making long distance flights. Is this normal? This happens in my house, or outside. I'm in a semi rural area. Both antenna are as per the DJI website and I have tried them every other way with no difference. It happens if the aircraft is a foot away, or 100 feet away.

I took it 20 miles from my home last night and flew it for the first time in a field. Had exactly the same issue occasionally saying reception was poor wether the AC was close or far, and I never flew it further than 120 feet away. This field was next to a University that of course would have lots of WiFi stuff happening but it seemed to be exactly the same as at home.

I had no problems with the flight itself. Other than the two tablets I have tried it with are not up to the task. One of the tablets requires the USB to keep being unplugged and plugged back as it comes up with "No Signal", the other tablet which is more powerful suffers from massive lag and isn't worth messing with.

Is it normal to get this poor radio notice all the time?

Thanks, I asked DJI and they said to try relinking the AC
I said the video seems to be the problem.

They told me to relink the wifi too but I'v now realized they were giving me instructions for the P3 standard...

Does anyone know how to relink the Lightbridge for the Advanced/Pro?

Last edited:
I'v been told now you cannot relink the Lightbridge independently. Seems the info I was given last night was for a Phantom standard. The help operators are talking to too many people at once and getting confused... It happened to the operator I talked to today too.

My Phantom experience so far is not what I was hoping for... Hope I can somehow resolve the video loss issue as I can see this would be a dam fine hobby - if the things bloody worked like they are supposed to....

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the go app. That has solved a lot of problems for some. Make sure you do a full power down after uninstalling

WellI relinked the AC to controller this morning and that has made the video problem much worse. Now there is no video signal at all, just flashes red on the front of the gimbal. I am about to try relinking again....

Yeah well I bought my Phantom from one of those fly by night ebay sellers. I'm getting an automated message from him saying he has toddled off to China to celebrate the Chinese new year. I don't hold much hope of help from him. And unfortunately we don't have the DJI support in country that you do in the US. I think I'll have to pack her up and send back to China if I cant work it out..........:(

You might try a Windsurfer antenna mod (look it up). Takes a few minutes to build, people have had significant success improving their range. Sounds like you do have a baseline issue, but since the Windsurfer is so easy, it's worth a try.

Yeah,, saved $200 on ebay, should have just bought from a reputable RC shop.... I'm such a cheapass...

Filed dispute with Fleebay seller, will see how that goes..... what a PITA!

Problem sorted (touching wood as I type)...

Borrowed someone's Ipad today and downloaded the Go app and hooked her up. I couldn't fly (due to my location), but with the AC sitting on my car roof, I went for a walk and didn't start having signal problems until more than a Km away, and that was with obstacles inbetween me and the AC ( houses), so pretty sure she is all good.

Seems that it was the Tablets. They were laggy and having trouble, but I didn't realize that that would for some reason cause poor signal, but it does sound right, as I still had full control of the gimbal etc even when it was telling me lost signal.

Anyway I'm happy as it seems there is nothing wrong with my P3! hopefully the Nexus I ordered will be all good with it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik