Radar/ positioning off

Reaction score
I was flying today and wanted to test the radar icon to see if I can use it when I can't identify the quad's orientation but it was off by like 30°. Any idea why or how to fix it? I wasn't straight behind it when I took off but with the imu and controller direction I think it would know pretty accurately, no?

And I did do an imu calibration, compass was done the other day in the same location. Thanks!

Calibrate the compass on your smart phone/device.

What do you mean? I've never heard of calibrating the phone. Doesn't the app get it's location from the transmitter?

What do you mean? I've never heard of calibrating the phone. Doesn't the app get it's location from the transmitter?

I don't know the ins and outs of the P3 transmitter. However with the P2 Vision Series, the phone sent the info to the phantom via the wifi. You can download apps from the google play store to recalibrate the compass.

You could be right as I have assumed. But I know what happens when we assume - you make an *** out of U and ME. I have assumed because I've heard some IOS devices require compass calibrations when you start the DJI pilot app. This where you do the 360 rotation. Your phone/smart device talks to the controller - when you use the screen to take a photo, stop start recording etc and hence I assume the compass/gps data from your device is also being sent.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20