Racing Drones

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Is it possible/practical to use everything (apart from shell) from Phantom 2 to build a QAV 250 racing quadcopter

For example
1). are the motors good/fast enough
2). will the GPS have to be discarded
3). are the battries OK to use or should I use lighter ones
4). will the main board fit into for example a Lumenier carbon frame
5). will I need a different RC

Has anyone ever used a Phantom 2 for a project like this..?
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Waylander

I have been using my P2 to race with other 250. I did not want to remove the components out of the shell for various reason - protection for the element and battery fitting and to keep it simple. I also chopped the legs , added a 600mw transmitter for FPV along a GoPro 3.
It is FAST...specially in full manual mode :)
I will provide pictures later today when i get home.

Cheers!

Hi Guys
Is it possible/practical to use everything (apart from shell) from Phantom 2 to build a QAV 250 racing quadcopter

For example

Waylander

No, the motors are too large to fit on a QAV 250, you can only fit 5" propellors on that frame, the batteries are WAY too big.

BTW I have a bunch of parts for the QAV250 if you're interested... 2 batteries, a flight controller, a hard case, prop guards, etc.

No, the motors are too large to fit on a QAV 250, you can only fit 5" propellors on that frame, the batteries are WAY too big.

BTW I have a bunch of parts for the QAV250 if you're interested... 2 batteries, a flight controller, a hard case, prop guards, etc.
Hi could you list the parts you have and what price you are asking for them.. :)
Waylander

I just bought the Blade Mach 25 last week. For an out of the box flyer, it is very fast. Now to hone my FPV skills at high speed...

Hi Guys

For example

Waylander

1) no
2) yes
3) batts no good
4) no
5) yes

also need FPV head set to stand a chance. you need to look at the Youtube videos on this and see how fast these things fly and a standard DJI RC wont be good enough, also i see DJI have just released a range of ESC and motors specific to racing based on Takyon kit also a few photos of the up coming DJI racing drone.

1) no
2) yes
3) batts no good
4) no
5) yes

also need FPV head set to stand a chance. you need to look at the Youtube videos on this and see how fast these things fly and a standard DJI RC wont be good enough, also i see DJI have just released a range of ESC and motors specific to racing based on Takyon kit also a few photos of the up coming DJI racing drone.

Hi jearith

Many thanks for your reply, I've moved on since I posted back in October 2015, I've also learned a lot about Drone racing since then, I sold the Phantom 2 and bought a Walkera F210 racer, like you say the difference in speed and manoeuvrability precludes the use of any a Phantom parts.
Anyway thanks for responding
Waylander

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie