Racing Drones

I'm just starting up the FPV learning curve and it's a lot harder than I'd imagined. I had the plans all laid out to build a nice 250 racer, when I realized I should probably start out with a decent set of goggles and fool around with my Hubsan X4 H107D first. Just to get an idea regarding how steep a learning curve it was actually going to be.

I then realized that the Hubsan's a good idea, but not all that stable... Which made it a bit of a handful as a starter. So... I bought a Spektrum camera/vtransmitter/antenna and the rig to mount it to my Rakon 200. Hmmm... A little afraid to test with a $500 aircraft... So... I bought another Spektrum and mounting rig, mounted it to one of my mini frankendrones and that's worked out well as a test rig. It's a brushless motor setup on a 210mm frame, running an AlienWii and LemonRX tranmitter. Very stable, the camera angle is finally nicely tweaked in and I'm starting to build a little confidence.

I was able to fly the length of my yard, go behind the house and land cleanly on our back deck. On a bit of a weird note... I took off, flew straight out, did a 180 and came back at me. A bit of an out of body experience, that...

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: dirkclod
I gotta 'splain everything to you Chumley? o_O:)

-slinger
images7OY8CVOJ.jpg

Somebody slap that fat sob, Chum!! Hehe
Guy is seen riding around in the back seat of a limo, playing video games, please smack him again. ;-)
Ah yeah, he even RC's some. Vroom vrooom!!

I found some interesting FPV race, reading in here.
FPV Racing | FPV tv All about FPV, Drones and Robots

RedHotPoker

Does anyone have any recommendations on a 250mm racing drone. They look like a lot of fun...
I picked up the Blade Mach 25 a few weeks ago. For an "out of the box" racer the thing is very fast and needed no tweaking, just some trimming of the sticks. Been having a blast with it flying LOS. Need to hone my FPV skills before I can fly that fast with goggles alone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj