Quiet a P4

Not sure what you're after, but flying higher and in calm air will keep the prop noise to a minimum on a stock P4P. Are your props out of balance, worn, or nicked? The P4 body is pretty smooth, but the props are close to each other, no getting around that one.

A larger drone with large diameter props and low rpm will produce a lower noise signature. Four or less props, lower rpms, increase the distance between props and the frame, and so on...

Who you trying to sneak up on? ;-)

It also helps to smooth out the edges of the props with 400 p sandpaper

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Lol not trying to sneak up on anyone. Allot of times I'm only able to fly at night and it's loud enough to get complaints is all. Thanks for the idea of the sanding though. I'll try it out. Was also told the carbon fiber props could help. Ever use them?

Carbon Fiber props....maybe. Too many variables, I think. Prop design, rpm, pitch, weight of the copter, and altitude are some of the factors that come to mind. If they improve, you probably won't notice it enough to offset the expense. Perhaps try a different flight path in and out of your starting point to keep distance from specific neighbors...

Buy a mavic instead? I heard one the other day and was surprised as to how much quieter it was compared to my p4. Official specs iirc place the mavic at around 6db lower than the p4 which is half as loud. Hardware mods are unlikely to drastically alter the sound characteristics of the craft. As F4 says noise is related to speed and prop size.

Fly the Inspire 1 its's dam near silent in flight.

=)

Reactions: F-4Driver
Buy a mavic instead? I heard one the other day and was surprised as to how much quieter it was compared to my p4. Official specs iirc place the mavic at around 6db lower than the p4 which is half as loud. Hardware mods are unlikely to drastically alter the sound characteristics of the craft. As F4 says noise is related to speed and prop size.
Fly the Inspire 1 its's dam near silent in flight.

=)
I'll have to check that out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers