Quickrelease P2V+ (swap Vision+ for GoPro and still use the

Re: Quickrelease P2V+ (swap Vision+ for GoPro and still use

Here is the "slowrelease" version.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 15&page=17
I use it with the DJI app. Its cheaper and reversible. Works well with android. I can tell you, once you gopro, you stay gopro.

Mako79 said:
I use it with the DJI app. Its cheaper and reversible. Works well with android. I can tell you, once you gopro, you stay gopro.

There's 32pages to that thread above. Is this some sort of product that can be purchased and easily installed or is this more of a Soldering Iron DIY project? :mrgreen:

Read page 17 from the link, Pitcher8811's DIY instructions.
I would read the entire 32 pages to get more insight with any limitations.

Its not hard.
Basically remove the camera. Take the biggest cable that is still plugged into the wifi module and plug into CAM port on the main board.
Purchase 1 x Zenmuse H33D
Purchase 1 DJI Part 3 cable ($15). http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dji-phantom- ... 3aa09e1c0b
Add gopro3/4.

Just need to know how pull apart phantom and be patient on pulling up the 3 camera/gimbal board cable.
No soldering.

So, by doing such a way we will lose the DJI app. . . . Right??

The work that has gone into the hack is amazing. What I am not clear is..

1. Does telemetry work - is it displayed on the app
2. Camera tilt work ?

I am using the dronexpert mod and everything works as per original. I find the ability to simply slide back the original vision 2 + camera useful too. When I use the original camera I regain controlling video recording and shutter just as factory even though it is mounted on the dronexpert sleeve. The Go pro sleeve causes the horizontal bands on video and lack of controlling recording from the app

I just purchased and installed the DRONExpert system without any problems. Tested perfectly on the bench and walking around. Going for first flight this morning and will check for interference from onboard charging of GoPro. The system was easy to install and you do still have all of your telementary. The only thing you give up is the ability to start/stop video and take stills from your monitor. You need to have GoPro in video & still mode if you want both. there is only one US supplier for this systemhttp://motorcitydroneco.com/

I will re post after my first flight with this system. So far so good.

EDIT: The system is pricey, however, there is a hack on this forum somewhere that I couldn't easily find. I choose to go with this system so I could slide on and off without any extra steps or problems. From reading this forum, the consensus seems to be take stills with the p2v camera and video with the GoPro. That's my plan of action as for now.

Txfirecop said:
I just purchased and installed the DRONExpert system without any problems. Tested perfectly on the bench and walking around. Going for first flight this morning and will check for interference from onboard charging of GoPro. The system was easy to install and you do still have all of your telementary. The only thing you give up is the ability to start/stop video and take stills from your monitor. You need to have GoPro in video & still mode if you want both. there is only one US supplier for this systemhttp://motorcitydroneco.com/

EDIT: The system is pricey, however, there is a hack on this forum somewhere that I couldn't easily find. I choose to go with this system so I could slide on and off without any extra steps or problems. From reading this forum, the consensus seems to be take stills with the p2v camera and video with the GoPro. That's my plan of action as for now.

Thanks for the info and looking forward to your experience with the first flight. Do you by chance know how much the QR cost from Motorcitydrone.com? I could not locate the item on their website. I must have been buried further on their site than I dug.

Thanks!

I am surpised you didnt see the interferance when you finished the install? When you powered up it up to check if if it was operating, setup gimbal travel did you not see the obvious white horizontal bands on the tablet? Mine was so obvious it really annoyed me.

Txfirecop said:

mohan said:
The work that has gone into the hack is amazing. What I am not clear is..

1. Does telemetry work - is it displayed on the app
2. Camera tilt work ?

I am using the dronexpert mod and everything works as per original. I find the ability to simply slide back the original vision 2 + camera useful too. When I use the original camera I regain controlling video recording and shutter just as factory even though it is mounted on the dronexpert sleeve. The Go pro sleeve causes the horizontal bands on video and lack of controlling recording from the app

1. On android, yes it works as per norm. Only the SD is greyed out. On IOS, you need to use FPV booster 3 app.
Phantom%202%20Vision%20Plus%20with%20GO%20Pro%20Screen%20capture%201.png

2. Yes tilt works the same (even better as you limit the vertical to prevent the props appearing).

And the interference will always exist unless you ground the USB port.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24836&p=320174&hilit=grounding+solved#p320174

Ok I am going to ground my USB. As I am using the PV2+ do I simply connect the ground lead to the ground on the grey lead coming from the wifi module?

First flight today using the Quick Release from Dronexperts. The GoPro worked as expected (I just need to tweek my settings) and I had absolutely no interference or lines through my FPV monitor. I'm satisfied for the moment.

Sentec said:
Sentec said:
Txfirecop said:
there is only one US supplier for this systemhttp://motorcitydroneco.com/

Wow, that place is quite a bit more expensive. http://motorcitydroneco.com/products/drone-experts-phantom-2-vision-quick-release

The configuration I'd need costs $430 through them. Only $352.30 through DronExpert.nl
352 zenmuse included or 352 and then you've to buy zenmuse gimbal?

You still have to buy the Zenmuse gimbal seperately

Having grounded my USB interference lines have disappeared.

I did this mod gut the only way I can use the DJI app is to power on the Gopro before the bird. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Thanks.

I did this mod gut the only way I can use the DJI app is to power on the Gopro before the bird. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Thanks.

Not sure. I can power mine on any time, before or after powering the phantom. I think its best turning the go pro on then the phantom to minimise strain on the H33D.

But to help you out...
I have 3.08 firmware on the non upgraded vision plus.
Latest firmware on Gopro 3+BE.
I use the rear hero port and NOT the side usb.
I don't use the interference board.
I run 640x480@15fps for FPV.

And be a little patient. The gopro takes about 30 seconds to appear sometimes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik