quickrelease from dronexpert and new 5,8GHz rc transmitter

Reaction score
Have no received quickrelease from dronexpert and latest transmitter 5.8GHz to DJI. awesome to use with gopro and zenmuse h33d. Shoots video in no 2.7K.
Highly recommended.
video shot with Phantom 2 Vision + with quick release and gopro and zenmuse H3-3D resolution 2K

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGTQfWAJXk[/youtube]

Attachments

• Uten navn.jpg
    Uten navn.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 2,359
  • Skjermbilde 2014-11-01 kl. 20.43.10.jpg
    Skjermbilde 2014-11-01 kl. 20.43.10.jpg
    911.1 KB · Views: 2,283
  • Skjermbilde 2014-11-01 kl. 20.43.47.jpg
    Skjermbilde 2014-11-01 kl. 20.43.47.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 2,321
Re: quickrelease from dronexpert and new 5,8GHz rc transmit

What firmware are you using with the quickrelease? I read the latest firmware/app have some issues with the quickrelease.

ado said:
What firmware are you using with the quickrelease? I read the latest firmware/app have some issues with the quickrelease.

I'm using the latest firmware from DJI.

Latest Version Information

Items Version Date
DJI FC200 Camera V1.2.5g 2014-04-07
5.8GHz Remote Controller V1.0.2.22 2013-11-05
5.8GHz Receiver V1.0.1.3 2013-11-05
iOS App V1.0.43 2014-10-28
Android App V1.0.54 2014-10-28
Phantom 2 Vision + Autopilot System V3.08 2014-10-28
Phantom 2 Vision + Central Board V1.0.2.7 2014-10-28
PC Assistant Software V3.6 2014-10-31
Mac Assistant Software V3.6 2014-10-31
3-axis Gimbal V1.0.0.6 2014-10-28

But DJI vision app I use version 1.0.52 it works tilting of the camera. In the new version of vision app will not work with tilting the phone. But otherwise the others work. But with the new Rc Transmitter 5,8GHz from DJI will work anyway ;)

airdrone said:
ado said:

I'm using the latest firmware from DJI.

Latest Version Information

Items Version Date
DJI FC200 Camera V1.2.5g 2014-04-07
5.8GHz Remote Controller V1.0.2.22 2013-11-05
5.8GHz Receiver V1.0.1.3 2013-11-05
iOS App V1.0.43 2014-10-28
Android App V1.0.54 2014-10-28
Phantom 2 Vision + Autopilot System V3.08 2014-10-28
Phantom 2 Vision + Central Board V1.0.2.7 2014-10-28
PC Assistant Software V3.6 2014-10-31
Mac Assistant Software V3.6 2014-10-31
3-axis Gimbal V1.0.0.6 2014-10-28

But DJI vision app I use version 1.0.52 it works tilting of the camera. In the new version of vision app will not work with tilting the phone. But otherwise the others work. But with the new Rc Transmitter 5,8GHz from DJI will work anyway ;)

Alright :)

Very cool! :p
Have you noticed any flight time decrease between the GoPro and the stock camera/gimbal?
Do you know the weight difference between both systems?

Could you post a video from the GoPro and did you notice any vibrations or jello ?

What parts did you buy from Droneexpet to get it to work?

Luap said:
Very cool! :p
Have you noticed any flight time decrease between the GoPro and the stock camera/gimbal?
Do you know the weight difference between both systems?

Could you post a video from the GoPro and did you notice any vibrations or jello ?

What parts did you buy from Droneexpet to get it to work?

Flight time is the same and no vibration, just shoot better videos while retaining a FPV to the app. Can switch between cameras. Will post a video that is skytt in 2.7K with gopro hero black edition that I have seen in vision +

Thanks - looks very good!
Can you post more videos shot on the GoPro 3+ using the quickrelease system when you have more?
Do yo know whether the Gorpro4 will work?

Har nett oppdatert quckrelease med QRV50 firmware, so nå fungerer tilt funksjonen i den nye app versjonen 1.0.54. :D

airdrone said:
Har nett oppdatert quckrelease med QRV50 firmware, so nå fungerer tilt funksjonen i den nye app versjonen 1.0.54. :D
Did dronexpert release a firmware update for the quickrelease so it works fine with the latest app and firmware?

ado said:
airdrone said:
Did dronexpert release a firmware update for the quickrelease so it works fine with the latest app and firmware?

Yes it's release qrv50 firmware update, then everything works. Quick and easy to install, This is done by plugging the mini usb connector for quick release

airdrone said:
ado said:
airdrone said:

Yes it's release qrv50 firmware update, then everything works. Quick and easy to install, This is done by plugging the mini usb connector for quick release
Good news, thanks for sharing.

ado said:
airdrone said:
Have online updated quckrelease with QRV50 firmware, so now serves tilt feature in the new app version 1.0.54. :D

Yes it's release qrv50 firmware update, then everything works. Quick and easy to install, This is done by plugging the mini usb connector for quick release :)

Hi everyone, please excuse my ignorance - I am a new drone owner, and this is my first post.

What is this "quickrelease" system? Reading through the rest of this thread, it seems obvious that quickrelease is a replacement gimble system that works with a GoPro camera. It is also seems that this system allows for streaming video from the GoPro to the DJI iPhone (or Android) app.

The stock Vision Plus camera is pretty good, but I would love to be able swap in a new GoPro...

My questions, if anyone has a moment to answer are:
- What is a general layman's description of quickrelease?
- What software and/or hardware would I need to get it working?
- Where can I purchase that software and hardware?
- How difficult is it to install (I can handle complex software installations, but hardware is not my thing - does it require soldering, etc?)
- Will there be issues getting it to work with the new 5.8ghz controller (i.e. interference at that bandwidth)?
- Does it truly stream video to the DJI iPhone app, or do I need a different app for streaming video?
- Will I need to be careful updating firmware and/or iPhone app in the future to maintain compatibility.

===========================================
In case its relevant, here is my setup:
- Phantom 2 Vision+ (updated to latest firmware)
- Origina Vision+ controller (updated to latest firmware)
- New 5.8ghz controller not yet delivered (ordered so I can control camera tilt better - the iPhone app UI is too clunky).
- Varius iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.

These are questions we all have - add a couple more:
1. Can you start and stop recording video from the Vision app when the GoPro is mounted on the quick release system. (I understand that still images are NOT possible with this set up). Or do you just have to record your entire flight with the GoPro.
2. Can you have the GoPro Wifi on while in flight or does this interfere with the Phantom flight controls (I believe the answer is yes, which means you have to setup your camera settings prior to initiating your flight control of the Phantom).

A FAQ built by new owners of the Quickrelease would be great. I'm pleased to hear the lastest firmware update from dronexpert.nl is compatible with the latest firmware for the Phantom 2 Vision +.

You can purchase the quickrelease on their website http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

It seems very easy to install http://dronexpert.nl/quickrelease-installation-guide/

You will need the quickrelease and a vision+ sleeve to use the vision+ camera and a zenmuse sleeve to use the zenmuse/gorpo. You can buy those sleeves on the first link as a add on to the quickrelease.

It works with the vision+ app, gopro camera will stream video to that app.'

I dont know about the new controller but im pretty sure it will work with no problems.

You can not start stop video or take pictures thru the app when using gopro.

Aparently you can have wifi turned on on the gopro and use the gopro remote to start stop video. It seems it wont interfer with the phantom since its 5.8 and gopro wifi is 2.4. Here is a video of dronexpert.nl showing that it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEpSDzR ... e=youtu.be

The Dronexpert site is very bad at explaining what their products are.

After some study, I understand that the Quickrelease is a couple of things:
1) It's an interface board that allows sending video from a GoPro (and possibly other cameras) through the Phantom 2 Vision Plus's wifi transmitter.
2) It's an adapter that lets you easily swap out a Vision Plus's camera & gimbal for a Zenmuse/GoPro setup.

Let us know if there's anything I omitted.

ado said:
airdrone said:

Yes, now it works with the new app version, dronexpert has its own website where you can get updates for each

Thank you ado and CityZen (and any others that chime in with more info).

I sent an email to DroneExpert sales and support asking whether the Quickrelease works with the new 5.8Ghz Remote Control from DJI. Specifically I asked if the new tilt dial on the remote will work.

I also asked for some clarity on the RX100 II/III mount. It is shown as an add on for the Quicksilver in their online store (see ado's link above), but in all the videos and images on their website, the RX100 mount does not appear to use the Quickrelease.

I will post back here if/when I get an answer from them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31