Quick swim.

Reaction score
So I was flying over the river did not notice a tree till to late. I may have been able to save it, but I freaked out and splash. Now, it was only in the water for less than 2 min, and the battery popped out. I hope since the battery popped out that cut power and nothing will short. My question is, why have ppl been tossing the battery?

He comes an unpopular answer.

Fresh water, right?

Because of all the media and internet hype about LiPo batteries.

Let it all dry in a safe place. Especially make sure the battery is somewhere where it wouldn't do damage if it did happen to catch fire.

After it is all good and dry, and I'd give it a week to be safe; see where you are.

Prepare for a deluge of people telling you why I'm wrong.

Yes it was fresh, and I fished it out fast.I plan on taking off the top plate, putting some rice on it, and setting it in front of a fan.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Also, the battery will still light up, showing the amount of power left. To be honest my concern is the camera. Most every thing else seems pretty reasonable to fix.

As said above- some think the battery is going to explode violently if exposed to water because it contains lithium. The lithium isn't free, it is present as a compound and if the cell pouches aren't physically damaged there won't be an issue anyway. If the contents of the cells aren't leaking out there is no way for water to go in. If it powers up and functions once dry it should be fine.

As said above- some think the battery is going to explode violently if exposed to water because it contains lithium. The lithium isn't free, it is present as a compound and if the cell pouches aren't physically damaged there won't be an issue anyway. If the contents of the cells aren't leaking out there is no way for water to go in. If it powers up and functions once dry it should be fine.

Exactly.

If you have a dehumidifier, keep your stuff next to it for a day. You will save your stuff and also your rice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok dried it all weekend under a fan, and was able to borrow a battery from a friend this morning. The unit powers up, and the gimbal seems to video fine, though it tends to drift to the left a bit, it won't stay centered. Also I can't get the motors to start. So is this a control board, or if one motor goes down will it not start any?

Well she flies. I did a IMU calibration and it worked like a charm. I think sacrificing the battery saved the drone. Since there was no power to the drone, nothing to short. So kudos to DJI for making a solid drone, and thanks to all of you for your advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj