Quick Release Props/Crack Preventer

Reaction score
Got a P3A two weeks ago. And noticed a small stress crack underneath the front right motor after two flights. I installed the quick release prop guards and have flown it without the crack getting any worse or any new cracks. During this time I ordered a new one from DJI direct that I am waiting before returning this one.

Last night I decided to uninstall the prop guards and very gently put the original screws back in. I did this because I am returning the quad this weekend. After 1 flight a new crack appeared under the back opposite motor from the front one. This one is worse than the first and decided I need to retire it and ship it back

I think the quick release prop guards are good preventive measure to cracks. They add a lot of bulk material beneath the motors which is essentially the cure for the cracks in the first place. New shell is slightly thicker (reinforced) than old shell. Plus you have the ability to add prop guards if and when you think you need them. I'll be leaving them off the vast majority of the time because they hurt your flight time so much (+/- 14% less time with prop guards installed). When you get your new bird I'm pretty sure you'll be fine if you install the prop guard mounts on it.

The one Amazon sent me had the old shell. From everything I'm hearing DJI has fixed the shell or at least made it better.

Kind of pissed I got such and old model and most likely used phantom from Amazon but whatever at least no hassle on the return

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic