Quick question regarding airspace authorization

Reaction score
I just received my certificate of airspace authorization for a max altitude of 75ft. However, I don't see any mention of contacting my local airport before each flight. The only information provided is the comply with all restrictions and to check the airspace that I'm operating in.

Does that mean it's not required of me to contact the airport before I fly?

Not knowing the specifics of what you asked for or the waiver itself, I'd call the airport and tell them you have that waiver and ask them how you should proceed and if they want you to call them each time. They may tell you it's not needed too.

I would also get the name of who tells you "It's not needed to call" in case you run into a badge who may think he knows better too. The local badge will be the deciding factor if you will be able to fly there without pulling out some reckless endangerment ruling, etc. I always try and get a name or business card if I get into a sketchy area where someone else thinks they know better than you as to the legalities.

^^^^^^ @GMack nailed it. I'd follow his advice to a "TEE"

Imgur
Here, this is probably easier for me to just show you guys what the authorization said.

fqkAGTn

Imgur
Here, this is probably easier for me to just show you guys what the authorization said.

fqkAGTn

Link is broken.

If they wanted to mandate you contact the tower it will be clearly stated in the AA and will include contact name/numbers and details as to how/when to call.

But even though it does not, I would give a courtesy call to the tower if nothing else to open a line of communication with them and build a relationship... just in case.

Question what’s the web address to get waver I’ve not had to do it yet. How long is the typical time to get a response

Question what’s the web address to get waver I’ve not had to do it yet. How long is the typical time to get a response

FAADroneZone

Depending on the request completeness, complexity, and area being requested from 90 days up to 180 days.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4