Quick question... just lost my drone

Reaction score
I just lost my PS3 standard. Lost it in the high winds. I’m a *******. My question is, I only use it to take pictures and not much else. Is the Spark good enough quality for aerial pictures?

We have a few guys here that IF you post your last flights records.......Just maybe you can find it.....I always encourage all to have a name and phone number on the drone some where....So if its lost... And If some one finds it and are honest you could have your phone ring and gave back.

I’m not worried about it. Will the Spark take quality pics? How would the quality be compared to the PS3 standard thats 3 yrs old?

How would the quality be compared to the PS3 standard thats 3 yrs old?
You will need to research the specs and compare the two. Personally, a spark is no substitute for a Phantom. It is very small, lightweight and wind prone in comparison. For the price it will do the job, but pretty much any wind at all and you are asking for trouble IMO.

You will need to research the specs and compare the two. Personally, a spark is no substitute for a Phantom. It is very small, lightweight and wind prone in comparison. For the price it will do the job, but pretty much any wind at all and you are asking for trouble IMO.

Yeah, I was a little worried about the wind be an issue with it being so small. It seems the reviews are very good. I own a construction company and mainly use it for taking job pictures.

Yeah, I was a little worried about the wind be an issue with it being so small.
That is why I mentioned it. As long as you are flying at a relatively low altitude, say 100ft or less you should be ok with it. I have seen a few data files from 200-300 ft where the wind was light in comparison to what a Phantom can handle in an RTH situation and it simply blew away with the wind until signal loss attempting to return home.

Well that question really is open to interpretation and relative to what you actually do with it. I have a Spark and a Phantom 3 Pro. I had a Phantom 3 Standard but it was sold.

In terms of raw picture quality alone, I would pick the Spark over the P3S. Yes the P3S is more stable in heavy wind due to its size and more power. However, in light to moderate wind, the Spark is surprisingly stable. It is not a simple toy drone.

So if you will be using it only to take pictures and conditions would generally not be too windy, then the Spark is a great little craft. Now the other question is how long you need to be in the air to take these photos. The Spark battery life is half that of the P3S.

I only use it to take pictures and not much else. Is the Spark good enough quality for aerial pictures?
You can find examples of photos people have taken with the Spark here on Skypixel.

The Spark cannot take photos in RAW format. So, if that's a must-have, you'll need to choose a different drone.

Just bought the Spark. Quick question. Do I use my same DJI ap? Or does the Spark have its own?

You need to use DJI GO 4 with the Spark.

You can find examples of photos people have taken with the Spark here on Skypixel.

The Spark cannot take photos in RAW format. So, if that's a must-have, you'll need to choose a different drone.

Yikes, I didnt see this response. Not sure what raw format is. When I took pics with my old P3 standard, I would fly it in position, let it hover, maneuver the camera where I wanted, then take pic. The Spark wont do that?

No that's not it. RAW format is a specific setting that includes all of the pixel information exactly as it comes through the lens. Used mostly when you plan on doing post-processing. I don't think you were using raw in the P3S.

Reactions: Noob
When I took pics with my old P3 standard, I would fly it in position, let it hover, maneuver the camera where I wanted, then take pic.
As stated above, think of the "RAW" format as what it is, another format. Normally you would shoot in jpg, mov, mp4 etc.....
The RAW format is another that requires post processing, where as the others do not ( Other than image enhancement ).

I have both a Spark and P3S. I agree with everything PhantomFandom said. In terms of picture quality, I think the Spark takes better photos.

Chris

You should have posted the lost drones flt records some body here could have read it and posted where the last signal on the map was and you could have went and got it......Then you would have a back up just in case you needed it.............Oh well sounds like your moved on.

I wish I would loose my copter...:)... Maybe that’s why I’ve had it so darn long now. But seriously, I would love to upgrade to the latest and greatest model AND be able to justify it.

I just looked at the flight path record. I think I’ll be able to find it tomorrow.

Hope you'll find it.
As you already bought the Spark my opinion on that is irelevant. Anyway I woild say that best solution would be the Mavic Air. Absolutelly best picture than the Spark. But everything depends on the quality of pictures you want to get. Just for fb the spsrk is OK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic