Quick question about the camera on the P3P

Reaction score
Hi,

I read that the P3P can do
  • Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5
  • Bracketed Frames at 0.7EV Bias
What does the 3/5 mean, and what does the 0.7EV Bias mean?

Also. DNG are RAW files, correct?

Thanks,

KMD

I read that the P3P can do
  • Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5
  • Bracketed Frames at 0.7EV Bias
What does the 3/5 mean, and what does the 0.7EV Bias mean?
As well as shooting single photos you can set the Phantom to shoot a bracket of 3 or 5 photos at different exposure settings.
Some photographers use these to combine in HDR software to create a high dynamic range effect or it can be useful to give you a few options to choose from when unsure of exposure.
The Phantom sets a 0.7 stop difference between the bracketed shots so shooting AEB 5 you get one shot with exposure where the meter thinks it's correct as well as +0.7, +1.4 & -0.7, -1.4 stops.
Here's what a bracket of 5 shots looks like.
i-ZNnKmgV-L.jpg

Also. DNG are RAW files, correct?
Correct

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks for the fast reply!

Ah, pretty straight forward once you know what the numbers mean! One more thing... I would think that 5 pictures with a bracketing of 0.7 are sufficient to create really nice HDR images?!

thanks,

KMD

One more thing... I would think that 5 pictures with a bracketing of 0.7 are sufficient to create really nice HDR images?!
Maybe .. down on the ground photographers like to have a bigger range and most use 1 stop or sometimes more but at 0.7 is a start.
When it's good, it's good but not all photos benefit from HDR treatment though and there are some rather bad looking shots around when people experiment with HDR.

It is highly dependent on the scene. Most DSLRs can bracket +/- 2 or 3 stops. Sometimes that's enough, sometimes it isn't.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I just have to get a P3P and try it.

thanks,

kmd

EDIT: I took some pretty regular looking pictures and used a program called AutoHDR and was able to "create" some decent looking pictures... using only ONE image! If that works, how bad can the P3P's camera be, ha ha.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj