Quick ND Filter Question

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought the Polar Pro 3 pack of filters for my P3A. (DJI Phantom 3 Filter 3-Pack). The box includes a Polarizer, a 2 stop and 3 stop ND filter. My question is whether you guys typically fly with the 2 stop filter attached, or do you just put that on when you need it? Seems like the 2 stop would cover most flying situations (except super bright days) so would make sense to leave on in place of the standard DJI UV filter?

Just curious as to what you guys all do! :)

Stevo

For most days, you'll need either an ND8 or ND16.

For most days, you'll need either an ND8 or ND16.
Hi msinger
Read your reply re ND8 or ND16 filters, you say use for most days, is this because you live in Sunny USA ( :) ), what if you live in dreary, grey UK, would you still use ND8
Waylander

Read your reply re ND8 or ND16 filters, you say use for most days, is this because you live in Sunny USA
Nope. It's because the OP lives in the sunny USA.

Reactions: Waylander
I even use ND 32 during mid day with bright sun shining over head.

One should get used to the effects of using ND filters and make the right judgement at site. It's not an examination, it's just a learning process. Try and see what you like the best. Your best may not be my best as tastes differ, perceptions differ, objectives differ.

Get an adjustable range ND filter, my Neewer does ND2-400, was like $10 shipped off eBay, works great.

Just twist it to change the value, and I put a little mark on mine set where I usually have it. Only downside is having to re-adjust it if it gets moved.

Just twist it to change the value, and I put a little mark on mine set where I usually have it. Only downside is having to re-adjust it if it gets moved.
I guess that is a solution but I prefer to use the set filters.

I guess that is a solution but I prefer to use the set filters.
To each their own, I prefer set filters as well, but it works without having to carry around and change out several filters and is inexpensive. Happy flying!

My understanding is to use no filters if shooting stills??

Only downside is having to re-adjust it if it gets moved.
That and that variable filters have been known to cause vignetting in the form of uneven lighting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4