Quick Litchi Question...?

Reaction score
So i just bought it and planned my first mission. I will try it in a bit but my question is this. I know the mission allows you to fly out of range of the video feed. when you lose the feed, do you still see the drone flying the mission along the plotted course?

Were you hoping that it might show predicted progress along the flight path once it loses telemetry?

yes. ****, i just am having a hard time creating these missions without knowing where it's at lol

The best place for your Phantom while creating your missions is in its case next to the wall. Because if you have Litchi, you can plan your mission on your desktop, save it, and then run the mission later - like the next day.

The best place for your Phantom while creating your missions is in its case next to the wall. Because if you have Litchi, you can plan your mission on your desktop, save it, and then run the mission later - like the next day.
I just did

OK, I know if you plan a Litchi mission out of video range it still flies it. BUT, will you still get GPS feed to your map, seeing location of drone even though there's no FPV?

Funny, doesn't the GPS sat map still show position? Or is that part of the video downlink?

ok, so i just did a little trial run of it around my block. it flew the mission just fine but I could only start the mission after the drone was in the air. then i switched apps and started the mission. I couldn't get it to take off on its own. is that normal?

ok, so i just did a little trial run of it around my block. it flew the mission just fine but I could only start the mission after the drone was in the air. then i switched apps and started the mission. I couldn't get it to take off on its own. is that normal?
I have launched with Litchi and the uploaded and flew the mission if I remember correctly

Reactions: maseman88
I have launched with Litchi and the uploaded and flew the mission if I remember correctly

is there something special I have to do or a manual input on the sticks?

In general, it's not a good idea to start your mission from the ground for the same reason it's not good to start any flight by zooming off a mile into the distance. What you should do is launch and hover for 30 secs or so to be sure your compass is good. Then start the mission/flight/whatever.

As far as showing your location on the sat map, chances are if you've lost video, you've lost everything, so it's not likely it will show you your position on the sat map. But I suppose it's possible. On my P2V, I sometimes will lose video but still get random updates on some telemetry. Depends on the signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: maseman88
so the consensus is, you will still see it on the map making its trip, just no video?

In general, it's not a good idea to start your mission from the ground for the same reason it's not good to start any flight by zooming off a mile into the distance. What you should do is launch and hover for 30 secs or so to be sure your compass is good. Then start the mission/flight/whatever.

Not only that; when I fly autonomous missions with any app I like to manually climb above any local obstacles ( treeline and buildings) before sending to the first distant WP. Many have hit auto not thinking of the fact that the craft will fly a straight line to the first waypoint and may not get above obstacles.

The alternative is to set a first way point directly above takeoff point to get it above things before proceeding horizontally.

so it do
Not only that; when I fly autonomous missions with any app I like to manually climb above any local obstacles ( treeline and buildings) before sending to the first distant WP. Many have hit auto not thinking of the fact that the craft will fly a straight line to the first waypoint and may not get above obstacles.

The alternative is to set a first way point directly above takeoff point to get it above things before proceeding horizontally.

lol, does it allow you to see the craft follow waypoints on the map even though you video lose feed?

Same for detachable blades that might come loose. Was in a hurry, thought they where all on properly. Started the litchi flight from the ground and one blade took off into the air, P4 flipped over on the ground and I cut the engine. Happened very fast. Lesson learned, check the blades in the ground, then get in the air, then start the mission.

amazing that nobody will answer the question lol....

I am about to fly and I want to know... nobody will say if it does or doesn't in any of the forum posts I read.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20