Quick drone flight in heavy snow

Looks good. Wonder if you could cut the glare a bit by turning off the front lights (red ones, on the legs.). Good flight though......better than sitting in all that traffic down there.

Thanks for sharing. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
This is irresponsible flying over a populated area. If you get water in the motors it will fall out the sky and could well crash on a car, house or even worse a pedestrian - this will unfortunately reflect on responsible drone pilots and I'm sure the news media would absolutely love a reason to castigate us. NOT VERY CLEVER.

Reactions: Les Davidson
This is irresponsible flying over a populated area. If you get water in the motors it will fall out the sky and could well crash on a car, house or even worse a pedestrian - this will unfortunately reflect on responsible drone pilots and I'm sure the news media would absolutely love a reason to castigate us. NOT VERY CLEVER.

Common...let the guy fly and post in peace....

Brushless motors tolerate a bit of moisture just fine, and it looks like Neon Euc for the most part kept the bird over buildings, not people.

Thanks for the response guys. And despite the negative "irresponsible" response... Well I taped up the vents and only flew a few mins so no issues at all. I totally forgot to turn the red lights off. Well adviced as that would help and I will do that next time [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Reactions: captainmilehigh
cool i but i wouldn't fly over traffic, stationary or moving, at night time, in snowing conditions, that's just me. the whole time I would be up there I'd worry something going wrong and then being a negative news story. I just saw a story on another site about a drone hitting the Space Needle on New Years Eve, just another black eye for this fledgling industry. Glad it went well, but...again, I wouldn't do it.

At least yer not judgey or anything...

I just searched and I can't find any wiper blades for you but RainX will work awesome for anyone who is willing it risk flying in less than perfect weather conditions. If you try it post back so we know if it works

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I reluctantly agree that flying over people isn't a good idea. Your bird falls out of the sky and hits someone, and things will get really bad really fast. Me? I'm constantly tempted to get some video of the town I live in, but I resist.

I am a thrill-seeker. I'm a wildlife photographer, and piloting the P4 has opened up worlds for me.I'll fly really close to my subjects ( primarily birds) and fly with them, usually in sport mode. The worst thing that can happen to me is I drown my P4, or intentionally ditch it to avoid a collision with the birds I'm flying with.

Regardless of all of that, where I fly and how I fly only presents risk to myself.

I'm not being critical, I'm being pragmatic. Is it worth it should things go wrong? I'll assume that you have your FAA registration number on the bird. I'll also assume that there's a paper trail that would lead to you. That, and if the worst does happen, and if you get away with it, you will still have to live with fear every time the door bell or the phone rings. That, and you will spend your entire life living with the guilt of what you've done.

If the space shuttle and countless aircraft can fall out of the sky, so can your drone.

Cheers

Last edited:
I just searched and I can't find any wiper blades for you but RainX will work awesome for anyone who is willing it risk flying in less than perfect weather conditions. If you try it post back so we know if it works
I wouldn't recommend putting Rain-X on camera lenses, which have fairly delicate anti-glare coatings.

If you're flying in rain or snow, the lens is going to get water on it. About the best you can do it either put a lens hood or a UV filter over it to protect it. If you want to try Rain-X on a UV filter you can, but don't put it directly on a camera lens.

Taping up the vents? You were joking, right? This seems like the beginning of a very tragic story.
It's hard to explain but I taped up the top half of the vents and left the bottom loose so it acts as a flap. Stops any liquid dropping In. Works like a baseball cap if you see what I mean
1484308806671.jpg

Neon Euc

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31