quick battery drain

Reaction score
hi all,
any one know of a quick way do drain the battery without flying, sounds stupid i know
but sometimes i go out and fly then come home with like 25% / 35% battery left and i was always told
to drain a battery before you recharge it as it will last a longer lifetime this way, not sure if this still true with tech these days, but i did look on the app and couldn't find any drain button, it seems to last for ages when not in flight i left it for like 30 mins with 25% on it to run it down with all the led lights flashing away, just wondering if any one has a little trick or tip?
thanks
dean.

I don't think you should discharge them before charging full.

If you discharge fully, you have chances of damaging them. Secondly these batteries do not exhibit memory thus need not be discharged.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dean1131
I don't think you should discharge them before charging full.

If you discharge fully, you have chances of damaging them. Secondly these batteries do not exhibit memory thus need not be discharged.

aaa thats cool then, thanks for the info, glad to be honest its going to save me a bit of time..
do you charge the remote and battery at the same time or individually?

If you are storing batteries for longer duration, its recommended to leave them charged to 50-60%. If you keep them charged to 100%, these batteries will automatically start discharging down to ~60% as per time set on them.

aaa thats cool then, thanks for the info, glad to be honest its going to save me a bit of time..
do you charge the remote and battery at the same time or individually?

I charge all the batteries incl RC every time I go for flying. In fact I do that previous night and top them the next day before going out.

Reactions: hotashes
If you are storing batteries for longer duration, its recommended to leave them charged to 50-60%. If you keep them charged to 100%, these batteries will automatically start discharging down to ~60% as per time set on them.

aaa right ok thanks, what about leaving them fully drained any downsides to that? i really need to get more batteries i only have 1 atm :(, some one posted a link to a shop in the uk selling them for £75 super cheap, just waiting to get paid from work so i can throw the £150 at 2 of them ha

aaa right ok thanks, what about leaving them fully drained any downsides to that? i really need to get more batteries i only have 1 atm :(, some one posted a link to a shop in the uk selling them for £75 super cheap, just waiting to get paid from work so i can throw the £150 at 2 of them ha

Leaving them fully drained will make them lose charge holding capacity and they become a good paperweight.

I charge all the batteries incl RC every time I go for flying. In fact I do that previous night and top them the next day before going out.

ye i do them the night before we don't have much day light atm in the uk so only get a small gap in-between work, when i say charge them at the same time i mean put them both on while the battery and controller charge, as its just the one lead i have that charges both battery and controller, I'm guessing you have a multiple charge unit to charge if you have a couple of batteries.

If you're going to charge your batteries up only to put them in storage, then there is no need to fully charge them. Just charge them until the 3rd battery light starts blinking. See more details here.

It is actually not recommended to charge your battery AND your controller at the same time. This is covered in the manuals.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj