questions on P2 V2 and gimbal

Reaction score
Hi all
Just got a used P2 V2 that has no gimbal. My Q is if I can put any gimbal on it, or is it best to use a zenmuse...? I want to use the tilt wheel on upper left on the radio for tilting the gimbal and think I have seen some having problems doing this on the cheap china gimbals ( i have one of those on the shelf...).

Hi all
Just got a used P2 V2 that has no gimbal. My Q is if I can put any gimbal on it, or is it best to use a zenmuse...? I want to use the tilt wheel on upper left on the radio for tilting the gimbal and think I have seen some having problems doing this on the cheap china gimbals ( i have one of those on the shelf...).

You would be better off with the zenmuse H4-3D as it is a plug n play system.

Is there a zenmuse named H2-3D? I can buy one used but not sure of the name. Are all the zenmuses plug and play?

Sent fra min SM-G388F via Tapatalk

Reactions: helinor
Ok. Thanks. Must be the H3-2D then. Have seen some places they sell H3-2Ds and 3Ds that are modified for mounting on the phantom. Do you know what they mean by that? Is it just the mount that is modified or is it something else?

Ok. Thanks. Must be the H3-2D then. Have seen some places they sell H3-2Ds and 3Ds that are modified for mounting on the phantom. Do you know what they mean by that? Is it just the mount that is modified or is it something else?

There is no modification necessary to mount either H3-2D or the H3-3D to a phantom 2 v2. Now if were a phantom 2 v1 (the original P2) yes the hole for the third motor on the H3-3D/H4-3D would have to be cut out in order to mount it without an extra mounting bracket.

Reactions: dirtybum
Thanks for your replies:)
Just checked again and it looks like the ones suited for the Phantoms comes without a GCU module. Guess that is the "modification" then. Does that mean that if I buy a used one with a GCU i can use it without that module on the phantom? Sorry for all the questions but I am new to the Phantoms...

Thanks for your replies:)
Just checked again and it looks like the ones suited for the Phantoms comes without a GCU module. Guess that is the "modification" then. Does that mean that if I buy a used one with a GCU i can use it without that module on the phantom? Sorry for all the questions but I am new to the Phantoms...

If your P2 is a non-vision v2 you do not need a GCU. A P2 is nothing like your other quads.

My P2 is the one with the bigger motors, and the newer type radio with the gimbal tilt knob on upper left corner. Still on 2.4G for radio.
This all meaning I can't get my cheap China gimbal up and running on this? On my F450 with a naza lite I used the F2 port for controlling the gimbal. Can this be done on the P2 V2?

My P2 is the one with the bigger motors, and the newer type radio with the gimbal tilt knob on upper left corner. Still on 2.4G for radio.
This all meaning I can't get my cheap China gimbal up and running on this? On my F450 with a naza lite I used the F2 port for controlling the gimbal. Can this be done on the P2 V2?

Sure you can put that cheap Chinese gimbal on your P2 and you what paid for. Personally I prefer H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal as it was designed for the P2 with no modifications necessary just plug n play cabling and it's by far the better gimbal.

Reactions: dirtybum
Pop the top off and look what board you have. You get what you pay for with a cheap gimbal. The Zenmuse fits perfect with no mods. Four screws and a cable connection.

Sure you can put that cheap Chinese gimbal on your P2 and you what paid for. Personally I prefer H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal as it was designed for the P2 with no modifications necessary just plug n play cabling and it's by far the better gimbal.
I hear you on that. Just a matter of using what I have instead of buying another one...

Pop the top off and look what board you have. You get what you pay for with a cheap gimbal. The Zenmuse fits perfect with no mods. Four screws and a cable connection.
What board do I want to have? Any links or pics?
Thanks

Click on the photo and zoom to the lower left and you will see the Zenmuse label.

(This another members photo).

Attachments

• Exp-1_1024.jpg
    Exp-1_1024.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 438
What board do I want to have? Any links or pics?
Thanks

The complete line of P2's use the same mother board. There is a difference between equipment used in a P2 non-vision compared to P2 vision+ like the frequency used in the controller, receiver, also P2 vision+ has a 2.4GHz wifi module and uses dji gimbal/camera which is proprietary to the vision line of quads.

I have the grey ribbon cable taped on the underside off the quad so guess I have what is needed then..?

I have the grey ribbon cable taped on the underside off the quad so guess I have what is needed then..?

That cable supplies power and signal to the gimbal and also supplies power to the GoPro as well as video from the camera to what ever video transmitter you're going to use.

Ok. Thanks a lot for all the info:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4