Questions about Gimbals for my P2V

Reaction score
Can someone help me understand what my options are as far as adding a gimbal to my P2V? What are the costs associated with it? What will I need to do to make it all work? WHat's the best option for the lowest price, because I'd really be scraping for $$ to add a gimbal to my P2V.

Oh yeah, how does this attach to a gimbal?
a20791c14526f0d3338cfc_l.jpg

I assume any gimbal would work?

Dji has a new product the Phantom 2 Vision +, check out my video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTlPIeYMnEI

The 2 main gimbals are the rotor pixel.com and dronexpert.nl both are within $150 of each other. Rotorpixel is higher quality but on preorder, so if you bought now you would not receive for 4-5 months. Dronexpert is fragile, but fine if you are careful.

Don't forget about the goodluckbuy gimbal for $125. But from what i hear it sounds like it causes enough problems to make the more expensive gimbals better options

I am looking for a gimbal for my PV2
...BEYOND pissed that the PV2+ came out 3 weeks after I bout my PV2. The PV2 Gimbal just isn't steady enough for commercial photography! But it's an additional around $400 for a gimbal, it's BS if you ask me.

Aww come on. It happens all the time. When i bought my laptop i wanted the best model i could get and before it even arrived at my door they released an updated version. Its not like they are selling the P2V+ at the same price as the original P2V, there is a $200 price difference and you can get a 3DPower gimbal for $260 so it sounds reasonable. The P2V and the P2V+ aren't really aimed at commercial photographers, their aimed at people who want a quick entrance to cool photography. Personally I reckon DJI are doing the right thing trying to make their models better and seriously how is it a bad thing that they released the P2V+ , I love my P2V and after i add a 2-axis gimbal to it thats all i'm gonna need as far as photography goes.

Anyway thats my mini-rant.

And getting back to the topic I'm tossing up between the rotorpixel and the 3DPower gimbal.
I know the rotorpixel is better built but from what I've heard it still has some minor issues that make the 3DPower gimbal seem like better value for money. Any thoughts?

Just bought the Taco RC 3D Power Gimbal... Should be here soon, will report back once gets here. One question, what's the deal with the plastic holder for the camera that is $29.99 extra? Is that piece essential?

Nsrwholesale said:
Just bought the Taco RC 3D Power Gimbal... Should be here soon, will report back once gets here. One question, what's the deal with the plastic holder for the camera that is $29.99 extra? Is that piece essential?

I see that the website is only showing the Gimbal with the V3 Mount (plastic holder) for sale now. I would have to guess that is what you would be getting, you should be able to tell from your order confirmation. Look for something about "Mount V3" in the description.

The $29.99 upgrade was for those of us who purchased our gimbal prior to the new mount. While the upgrade to the mount wasn't essential, it makes the whole gimbal work much better. Prior to the new mount the IMU was mounted on the side of the mount and wasn't aligned right so you would end up with the horizon tilting as you yawed. The normal method of "fixing" this was to use a couple of drops of hot glue to hold it in alignment. The balance with the new mount install is also much better than with the velcro mount. For me the $29.99 was definately worth it.

Thanks for the explanation, this is what I bought, so I think It comes with the mount:
u2u6y9ez.jpg

Do you see a big difference in with the gimbal? I'm excited to see the big difference.

Nsrwholesale said:
Thanks for the explanation, this is what I bought, so I think It comes with the mount:
u2u6y9ez.jpg

Do you see a big difference in with the gimbal? I'm excited to see the big difference.

Huge difference. I'll post the links to a couple of videos that I shot at the same location, one with gimbal, one without.

Nsrwholesale said:

Here is the link to a video that I shot without the gimbal in light wind:
http://youtu.be/Lx-pknun2m4

Here is the link to a video that I shot with the gimbal in winds gusting up to 30 MPH:
http://youtu.be/1an5ts6PsCs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl