Questions about Battery Storage

Reaction score
Ok,
Quick question here... Need to know your understanding...
Everybody knows that storing batteries full charged is not recommended. Even DJI P4 batteries have a self discharging feature if unused after 10 days, time that you can change to your convenience.
My question is... Is it OK to use it before the self discharging process and then full charge again and use again, charge again, and so on? Not doing it on purpose, but just because you want to have them ready for unplanned flights. Like, I used it today, charge again to use it tomorrow morning, that doesn't happen and use it again in 4 days, then charge again to reuse, and so on. That way, basically the battery is fully charged almost always. But, maybe because they are cycling they don't get too much damage? What do you think?

Another question... Considering this is not recommended, the outcome is a shorten battery life or there is also risk of the lipo ending bursting in flames?
Am I worrying too much?

One more...
Has anyone had a defective P4 Battery already? If so, what happened?

Thanks ;)

Is it OK to use it before the self discharging process and then full charge again and use again, charge again, and so on?
Yes.

Reactions: frands1
I think you're worrying too much. A little worry is ok but don't let it cripple you. I think you're fine. If it combusts on you, you should see quite a bit of swelling beforehand. You can always keep the battery in an ammo tin if you're not sleeping nights.

Reactions: frands1
Thank you guys.
Yes, I actually store my other lipos in ammo cases, but keep my Phantom Batteries in the backpack. I, somehow, trust them. I was just wondering if they would get damaged before being quite a lot time full charged or if the fact of cycling them was actually doing the trick to avoid damage on the battery.
Thanks for your input :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik