Question .... ?

Reaction score
I’m looking at a second drone but torn:

DJI Phantom 3 Pro ?
Phantom 4 Pro ?
Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum ?
Or wait out to see the Mavic Pro 2 ?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have bought 4 P3A's. Converted two to P3P's... no interest in the next lines as the P3A/P does all I want it to do. The mavik however has a feature I like . 1080 live stream at near range. But it's design is not stable as I see it. And they can keep ALL their updates too...

Reactions: macoman
I have bought 4 P3A's. Converted two to P3P's... no interest in the next lines as the P3A/P does all I want it to do. The mavik however has a feature I like . 1080 live stream at near range. But it's design is not stable as I see it. And they can keep ALL their updates too...

I think I’m in agreement with you. Can the P3P’s use the same battery as the P3S ? I like the idea of having some sort of collision avoidance vision which I understand the P3P has, is that correct ?

I think I’m in agreement with you. Can the P3P’s use the same battery as the P3S ? I like the idea of having some sort of collision avoidance vision which I understand the P3P has, is that correct ?
All the p3's use the same battery. Obstacle avoidance started with the Phantom 4 standard.

Reactions: Astrix
P3P doesn’t have collision avoidance system but do you need it?

I’m looking at a second drone but torn:

DJI Phantom 3 Pro ?
Phantom 4 Pro ?
Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum ?
Or wait out to see the Mavic Pro 2 ?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Decision made .... picked up a Mavic Pro. So far I’m quite impressed with it but I still love my Phantom 3 Standard. More importantly I can see my Phantom easily [emoji106]

Reactions: LarBear360
Decision made .... picked up a Mavic Pro. So far I’m quite impressed with it but I still love my Phantom 3 Standard. More importantly I can see my Phantom easily [emoji106]
The range is the only thing that I hate from the phantom 3 standard. This is why I bought another drone that has more range and also have 4k video capability.

The range is the only thing that I hate from the phantom 3 standard. This is why I bought another drone that has more range and also have 4k video capability.

Yes I can see where you’re coming from but I only fly with full sight of the drone anyway so my Phantom is great for that. It’s nice to have the range in the ‘tool box’ the Mavic Pro offers if one day I needed it for whatever reason ... it’s just so much smaller and a lot harder to see [emoji102][emoji106]

Reactions: macoman
Yes I can see where you’re coming from but I only fly with full sight of the drone anyway so my Phantom is great for that. It’s nice to have the range in the ‘tool box’ the Mavic Pro offers if one day I needed it for whatever reason ... it’s just so much smaller and a lot harder to see [emoji102][emoji106]
Should you ever decide to add a P3Pro to your fleet, your P3S batteries are compatible.

Should you ever decide to add a P3Pro to your fleet, your P3S batteries are compatible.

Funny you should mention that, I’ve been eyeing up a P3SE ... the P3A or P are still quite expensive where as the P3SE new is about £500. I like the idea of being able to use the same batteries etc. I bought my P3SE and Mavic Pro second hand so it would be nice to have one out of the box no one else has used and be able to my other batteries.

The P3S flies great but the controller is quite horrid to use once you're used to the bigger p3 controller. It feels better, has buttons for photo/video. I have 5 batteries and share them between my P3A and P3S without issues.
Mavic Pro might be hard to see but it can certainly handle the wind, I'm torn between one or a P4P but somewhat put off by firmware issues (my p3 are stable and never updated)

The P3S flies great but the controller is quite horrid to use once you're used to the bigger p3 controller. It feels better, has buttons for photo/video. I have 5 batteries and share them between my P3A and P3S without issues.
Mavic Pro might be hard to see but it can certainly handle the wind, I'm torn between one or a P4P but somewhat put off by firmware issues (my p3 are stable and never updated)
Yip agree on that,p3s controller ugly,I had extra remote so robbed grips for back,bit nicer to hold at least
1521703986511-1292719668.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl