Question regarding using P4P controller instead of P4P+

Reaction score
We just bought a P4P+ v1(model wm331A) and now realize that the third-party apps we need will not install on the PLUS controller (GL300E) won't install. I was thinking that I could sell/trade the PLUS controller and get hold of a regular P4P controller (GL300F I believe). I've read in most places I've researched that there will be no problem doing that, but I also have read on a couple that the non-plus controller will not work with the "plus" drone. I thought the drone itself was the same between the P4P and P4P+ packages.

Can someone give me a definitive yes or no: can I get the GL300F non-plus, non-integrated screen controller and be able to fly my drone with it?

Thanks all from a BRANDNewbie.

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

The aircraft doesn't know which controller you have (with or without integrated display). We have a PLUS and now have ordered a nonPLUS for this very reason. You just BIND the desired controller to the aircraft and you're good to go.

Here is a thread I started just last week about this topic (soft of).

Appreciate it. I figured but wanted someone to help be be sure before dropping more $. I went through a bunch of the root/hacks and couldn't get it to work, so I bailed out

Reactions: BigAl07
Appreciate it. I figured but wanted someone to help be be sure before dropping more $. I went through a bunch of the root/hacks and couldn't get it to work, so I bailed out

I tried one system yesterday for DroneDeploy and I got everything "opened up" but I can't get DD to download onto the controller... so back to the nonPLUS and the Ipad solution for me.

Which iPad are you going with?

We have 3 of them. I "think" they are:

2x Ipad 2017 (9.7")
1x Ipad Min4

We use them on different platforms and I don't have one of them in front of the ATM. I'm probably going to get the latest Pro in the next few weeks as we need it for some of our Virtual Tour work we do.

Reactions: Capt KO
Make sure you get the V1 controller as the V2 (Occusync) will not work with V1 versions of aircraft.

Reactions: Capt KO
I have & did exactly that. Get the GL300F. Keep the “E” for a backup and bright screen if needed.

Reactions: BigAl07
is there a major reason to get a device on 4G instead of WiFi only? Are there field operations that require or greatly benefit from 4G vs WiFi when available?

is there a major reason to get a device on 4G instead of WiFi only? Are there field operations that require or greatly benefit from 4G vs WiFi when available?

We buy all of ours WiFi only. If we need "Internet Connectivity" we just use our phones as a hotspot. YMMV though.

The 300F/E models also work on the other P4 V1 models as well. I make good use of both. Enjoy

I use to have a P4P+ and I bought a GL300F (which is for sale) and had no problem linking it.

Mr.G

I have a P4P V1 that I use with an IPAD mini, Wifi only. You won't get the maps unless you download them first via Wifi before you head out, I've never done that. I also seem to have trouble getting the correct heading on the radar screen, unless I'm using my phone as a hotspot with the iPad. The Wifi Mini 4 does not have GPS, maybe that's why. I just know that when I'm tethered to my phone's hotspot everything works perfectly. This is my experience.

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

The aircraft doesn't know which controller you have (with or without integrated display). We have a PLUS and now have ordered a nonPLUS for this very reason. You just BIND the desired controller to the aircraft and you're good to go.

Here is a thread I started just last week about this topic (soft of).

Hi! I have a P4P+ and purchased a used GL300F to use third party apps. The RC can link with the AC but a No Fly Zone message props up on the screen and the motors won't fire. Where as there is no such issue when using GL300E RC at the same location. The non plus GL300F works normal when using DJI Flight Simulator.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic