question regarding training flights

Reaction score
I have not yet flown my new Phantom 2+ v3.0. Can one fly it for practice without using FPV and the smartphone and app, i.e., with just the remote control and range extender ?

I have not yet flown my new Phantom 2+ v3.0. Can one fly it for practice without using FPV and the smartphone and app, i.e., with just the remote control and range extender ?
Yes you can fly it without the phone and app for FPV.

have flown a couple of training flights as above. This thing is very easy to fly relative to the cheaper one I'd bought in the autumn. I can see that one of the main advantages to having the app/smartphone on is that you have a better idea of where the drone is with the FPV. The green and red LEDs are too difficult to see in daylight or at any distance. So, which app to use?

DJI Vision. Be sure you do the DJI dance to calibrate the compass before flight, and get all flashing green lights to indicate GPS lock has been achieved. GPS status will also show on the DJI Vision app. Have fun!

with all the bad reviews and the reported weird problems, I was afraid to use DJI Vision and was leaning towards one of the paid apps (AutoPilot, Litchi, FPV+)

update: flew a few more training flights with the camera on, went out over the surf a little. This thing is so easy to use, even without the app/phone. I'm a bit disappointed in the image quality from this camera and can see why they have been upgraded in the more recent models.

Think I'll start saving for that Mavic Pro....

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic