Question Regarding Replacing FC

Reaction score
Hello! I've been frequenting PhantomPilots for a while now, but I just took the time to actually register today. I did search for an answer to my question, but I couldn't seem to find anything that really answered it completely. So, if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Here's my current situation:

I had a phantom 1.1.1 that ended up as a flyaway back in mid October. This was my first drone and I loved the thing, but I decided to upgrade a bit when I decided to replace it. I ended up winning an excellent auction on a Vision 2 plus, with everything working but the battery. Unfortunately, the seller wasn't aware of what the issue was and didn't have a transmitter for testing anything out anyway, but I bought the v2+ as is and completely understood that.

After a month or so of troubleshooting, I finally came to the conclusion that the issue had to be with the battery. I kept getting a non dji intelligent flight battery warning, but the battery charges up fine and doesn't seem to have any issues with the life of each charge. I even replaced the mainboard and FC with a known good pair, just to make sure there wasn't a different issue (I didn't know much about the intelligent batteries at the time, and I got an excellent deal on the MB and FC combo so figured I'd try that first). Unfortunately, I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on a new battery when I still feared that there might be something else wrong. So, the v2+ has been sitting on a shelf while I take my time with painting and modifying the shell. Anyway....

On the day after Christmas, someone contacted me and let me know that they found my p1. I was excited to finally find the **** thing, especially after spending 10+ hours searching for it. However, I didn't have any expectations for the drone's functionality. I just hoped to pull the sd card from my gopro to see what happened during the flyaway. Surprisingly enough, the entire p1 functions fine, even after being exposed to the elements for 2+ months!

So, I've been considering making some upgrades to the p1 and wanted to see if anyone could tell me what I might be able to do to get it close to on par with the vision 2+. I've got so many batteries for the p1 and I hate that the p2+ is limited to the intelligent battery. Is it possible for the FC of the phantom 1 to be installed and used with the MB of the vision 2+? Can the vision 2+ camera work with the phantom 1? Am I completely insane for hoping to make a hybrid of sorts? I mean, I've seen people install their p1 in a p2 shell for additional room for a second battery, but can say the upgraded gps module (assuming the v2+ has a better gps module) be installed with the p1 MB and FC? Honestly, I'd really just like to use the v2+ camera somehow, but I feel like that's a long shot.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some suggestions, advice, or anything else that anyone has to offer. Thanks so much guys!

Really kind of hard to do as they both have different hardware and firmware for running and controlling the sytem and utilizing the various sensors. Kinda like trying to use Chevy parts in a Ford. A couple of things may work but the end result is Not Functional they don't marry well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik