Question regarding compass placement

Reaction score
Is there a minimum distance required for a pair of AAA batteries powering a strobe light to be away from the compass location? Would the batteries or the strobe operation interfere with the compass at it's usual mounting spot on the landing gear? I'm a newbie and if my questions seem stupid, please bear with me as I learn - Thanks!

You shouldn't have any problems with either. Many people fly with an additional 11.1 v battery underneath, without
problem, and the GoPro has a 5v battery, so you should be okay.

If you were using a switching power regulator, there would be a lot of noise, that could effect the receiver, or tx,
for FPV equipment.

Just make sure that when you do your compass calibration (which you really should before the the first flight of the day, every day you fly) that you turn on *everything* that you will have on during flight -- camera, video transmitter, any other accessories, and that you have any extra batteries in place and plugged in as well. Anything that can generate electromagnetic waves needs to be turned on when you calibrate.

Thanks folks for the great info and feedback. As a newbie, I am finding this site a wealth of reliable information and help.
-Robyn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20