Question on the FC40 Camera

Reaction score
I've had it for about a month and the camera looks REALLY washed out, I know it's not a great camera, but the quality is so bad I don't even want to use it. I've been using my Hero 3+ which works great....but it'd be nice to have the FPV of the stock camera from time to time. Is my camera bad? Or is it just that crappy?

Thanks for any answers.

Todd

Maybe a stupid question, but is the plastic protectionpaper taken off?
I have that camera too and don't think it's bad at all.
Better than the AR drone 2.0 camera and i could do FPV even with that wone, with this one it's no problem at all.
it's OK quality.

I have to ask this but why don't you just turn on the wifi of the gopro? I have been thinking about getting one to replace the fc40 camera myself. My only hold out is I keep thinking the next model is about to be released of the gopro so I thought I would wait a month or two and see what the changes are.

The 2 cameras are on 2.4 ghz and will work with the FC40. I hear there may be a tad more lag on the gopro but I could live with that myself since i really want it to frame my shots and aid with orientation if needed.

Yeah, I took the film off of the camera lens...when the suns out it's really washed out. Lower light it does better, it's almost like the settings are jacked up...but you can't change the settings, so it makes me think the camera is bad.

The GoPro's wifi is horrible, the FC40 wifi is much better, I'm looking into wifi extenders that will hook up to the GoPro...but I also want to be able to use the FC40 camera when I want.

I'm thinking mine came messed up?

can you post a bit of video somewhere? so we can compare?

Nopes! That is not normal........ at all.
Was uploading one of my video testings.. but i can tell already that it's not good...

midge93 said:
I've had it for about a month and the camera looks REALLY washed out, I know it's not a great camera, but the quality is so bad I don't even want to use it. I've been using my Hero 3+ which works great....but it'd be nice to have the FPV of the stock camera from time to time. Is my camera bad? Or is it just that crappy?

Thanks for any answers.

Todd

One solution and the way I think I will end up going...a few posters on here velcro the stock FC 40 camera to the battery door and use that for FPV and then mount a GoPro where the stock camera usually is and use that for filming.
The best of both worlds.

It should be warrenty, if it's new.. right?
This is a bit crazy........
This is the clip i made for ya, to compare. But no need to compare... it's pretty clear that it's not good.
thought you were talking about the resolution.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKA4K_jRXHM[/youtube]
yaiks, youtube eats away a lot of resolution..... haha. oh well. just for the extra info.

dtviewer said:
midge93 said:

Thanks for any answers.

Todd

One solution and the way I think I will end up going...a few posters on here velcro the stock FC 40 camera to the battery door and use that for FPV and then mount a GoPro where the stock camera usually is and use that for filming.
The best of both worlds.

I love that idea...that's not bad at all.

Here is what I did.

I cut 2 pieces of Kydex, although any plastic would work. You want it to be about as thick at the slots in the original camera mount.

Attachments

• Two Cameras.jpg
    Two Cameras.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 329

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj