Question on Inspire mod for monitor mount

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I did the Inspire mod for my monitor. I use an iPad mini 2 with cellular. I have it in an Otter Box type case and it just doesn't fit in the cradle with the case. If I take it out it's awesome. I always use cases on all my iPhone's and iPads just for the oops factor. I hate taking the iPad out of the case as I'm worried with my luck I'd drop it. In my reading I found the 3D printed top piece and tried it out but without the foam or neoprene like the Inspire mount has on top and bottom, it is not a snug fit and I can pull the iPad right out.
So with all this said I'm wondering what you guys have to offer for a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Which 3D printed piece are you using?

Bought it off eBay I think

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456462948.187562.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456462948.187562.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 340
That's my favorite extender :)

My device was in a thin, rubber sleeve when I last used it, so it didn't slide out. Maybe just stick a foam strip on the top if that works for you. I can imagine it would slide without it with hard plastic touching hard plastic.

Ok I'll give it a try..... I wasn't sure if I was going to have to change the mount or not. I did buy a jelly fish but I think I need to change the actual mount to make that work. Might even need a gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20