[Question] Ipad Air 2 wifi only

Reaction score
Hi all, i am looking to buy an ipad air 2 but i am a little short on cash and can only afford the wifi version. will return to home still work with wifi only? also is there any features that wont work.

RTH will work fine...it relies on the GPS in the P4, not the iPad.
Features that won't work are "Follow Me", and you won't have the ability to re-set the Home Point to your controller if you move away from your launch position.

Check out the Similar Threads at the bottom of this page for ways to work round the GPS problem.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot i have just purchased it, is there a sunshade or some sort of anti glare i can purchase too?

Plenty of anti glare screen protectors on Amazon.

Type in "sunshades for iPad" in the search bar at top of this page, and you'll find lots of links.

Do you have any experience with sunshade vs anti glare ? i carry a back pack and ride my bike so i dont really want to add a bulky sunshade to it if possible but if anti glare protectors dont work too well then i have no choice.

You'll definitely need some form of hood....some of the ones on the market are collapsible to fit in your backpack.

As long as it's not in a case you're ok.
I have an iPad 2 Wi-Fi only that is in the same size (9.7") and it doesn't fit in the controler (i know that is not compatible i was checking to buy a new iPad with the same dimensions).
It doesn't fit for about 2-3cm unless there is something i didn't get...

I have an iPad 2 Wi-Fi only that is in the same size (9.7") and it doesn't fit in the controler (i know that is not compatible i was checking to buy a new iPad with the same dimensions).
It doesn't fit for about 2-3cm unless there is something i didn't get...
There must be something you didn't get! It's the same width as an iPad air (169.5mm) which I have, and mine fits on the controller even with a thin case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj