Question : Has anyone mounted a Soloshot TAG to their Phantom ?

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out best way to mount a SS3 Tag to my P3P to get tracked video of it.

Most models can have a velcro strap round ... but here we have an odd shape and its not good to mount Tag under one arm to clear prop - balance and all that. It will make one motor work harder.
The Tag needs to have clear view of sky for GPS as well as the Phantom - it relays this position back to camera base so it tracks.

Centre of top shell sits over the GPS ... and then how to fix anyway ---- would mean velcro strap going out to the sides ...

Open for suggestions ....

Tag is 43 x 43 square and 22mm high ...

You can see the tag to the left ..

Nigel

On top off to one side in between the arms with a counterweight on the opposing side?
Like this maybe
c3049428beb771cf481fef06ad227e81.jpg

mmmmm thats an idea ...

The problem is the Tag has its FW / Charge contacts on its base face ... so you cannot use double tape or velcro there. It has to sit in a holder ... I have 3D printed holders but then you have to fix the holder and then the Tag ...

Actually I'm just remembering the GSM Tracker I fitted to my P3S ... it was via the U/C screws and did not have any counter weight other side ... never noticed it was on there - flew fine ...

Y072-A.jpg

GPS Flight Control Tracker Location Black Box Prevent lost For DJI Phantom 3 Gи | eBay

I think I will see if I can modify the holder and fit to my P3P ....

Nigel

Would be shame to destroy the GSM holder ... so looked on Thingiverse .. and found this :

DJI Phantom 2/3 Tracker Holder by dipicorg

TrackerHolder_preview_featured.JPG

Wont take long to print and try ... maybe little modification here and there ...

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers