Question, GPS lock

Reaction score
I'm new so have a question. I took a drive down Hellgate Canyon today in hope of getting some video but was unable to get a good GPS lock and just had RED GREEN RED GREEN so I opted not to fly. What do most of you do, fly anyway? Go into ATTI mode and fly?
After leaving the canyon I found a spot to test the system to make sure it hadn't acquired some glitch but everything worked well and as it should. Do I just need to learn to fly in ATTI mode for those types of times?

If you're comfortable in ATTI, sure. If you were getting alternating green/red, you were getting SOME satellites, just not enough (6 or more). In which case, the Phantom will fly in ATTI anyway.

Hellgate Canyon is an interesting case where it's under the management of the Bureau of Land Management, but not designated as a National Park, so it's a little questionable whether it falls under the no-fly policy.

Thanks for the info. I just wasn't comfortable with what I THOUGHT and didn't want to chance it. We found some areas where we were away from any people (even though it was tougher today being a holiday) but didn't even consider it being a no fly zone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20