Question for the Litchi/HealthyDrones Guru's

Reaction score
I was running a waypoint mission today and about 500 feet from being finished my drone did a 180 and started heading back out again. I think I may have hit my iPad at some point during the mission and added an unknown waypoint, but before I could look at it, I closed the app.

Is there a way to look at the logs or HealthyDrones to see if I threw an extra waypoint in there or if things somehow went wacky? All I see in the log is that it stayed in WP (waypoint) mode the whole time.

Hum, I'm about to call it a night, I'm learning Litchi. First thing to share would be your mission, second would be upload your flight log from your I pad, go ahead use HD. To me there results are very limited.

I like the data from @msinger s viewer.

Just, did this yesterday, had to use iTunes and iFunbox,
iCRApples ;)

Using Windows, not sure the procedure if using a Mac

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/

Night

Rod

Added: You might take a look here.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

You could open up the mission that you suspect had the additional WP. It should still be there, if you have a HD account it definitely will be there in your flight logs if you added an extra WP. If you can post it up, we can have a look. As RodPad suggested, if you can load your file up as msinger's link, even better.

Thanks guys...here is the link to the Phantom Help upload.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I do have an HD account and have looked at the logs there. I'm not seeing where it references waypoints or indicates that. That is what I'm looking for though. Which heading/column might that be under in the log, or where on HD might I see that?

You could open up the mission that you suspect had the additional WP. It should still be there, if you have a HD account it definitely will be there in your flight logs if you added an extra WP. If you can post it up, we can have a look. As RodPad suggested, if you can load your file up as msinger's link, even better.
If he never saved the mission, and closed the app, wouldn't that mission be gone?
or
If the mission was saved on the hub, which is the only I have saved missions. I download from the hub, check my speed, and what does it at the end, then run it. If I was to actually tap the screen and added a way point which scares the s**t out of me. And was never saved, would that still be loaded in the app or somewhere?

Whats your thoughts?

Rod

@Webopper
What I see
Your cruising speed set at 15 mph
About 14m 52s your speed is down to 2.5 mpg, I can see it changes direction because the home distance start increasing, then the speed increases back up to 15 mph. And the elevation stays constant 140' mark during whole flight.

So yes, I would say, if at 14 mins is where the problem started, then yep it was headed to a new way point.

Share your mission, if you want, if it is saved.

Rod

Thanks Rod, that is my assumption also. I was hoping there was something in either healthydrones or Litchi that told me definitively why it went there, but it's not looking like there's anything there.

Unfortunately, like I said in the original post, I did not save the mission before I closed out the app. So the mission that I still have saved, is as it was originally. No extra way points or anything like that are being shown.

If he never saved the mission, and closed the app, wouldn't that mission be gone?
or
If the mission was saved on the hub, which is the only I have saved missions. I download from the hub, check my speed, and what does it at the end, then run it. If I was to actually tap the screen and added a way point which scares the s**t out of me. And was never saved, would that still be loaded in the app or somewhere?

Whats your thoughts?

Rod
I have only used the app to build, save and load missions and never the hub as I usually do stuff on the fly. Not sure how you can load the mission without firstly saving it by giving it a name etc and running it. Might try that. As for the dreaded 'extra' WP, I've done it and almost missed it before take off. Wish they would fix that with some kind of mission lock function. If you were to run it, as others have, you should be able to review it in the HD log as actual flight data as there have been a few flyaways investigated on this forum due to the inadvertent 'finger'.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks Rod, that is my assumption also. I was hoping there was something in either healthydrones or Litchi that told me definitively why it went there, but it's not looking like there's anything there.

Unfortunately, like I said in the original post, I did not save the mission before I closed out the app. So the mission that I still have saved, is as it was originally. No extra way points or anything like that are being shown.
Hi, just got out of bed and replied to RodPad before reading this post. The HD report should show you the actual flight path and confirm where the quad went and not secific waypoint info as this is on your litchi flight app. As you mentioned, you can pull up the original mission which had me baffled as I read it as though you created one and just flew it without naming it etc. as Rod said, it looks like it took off on a new WP. The map on HD will show that, and you may have suffered the dreaded 'finger' mishap.

Hum, Thanks, I think the rest of us will look for that setting.

Rod

I have only used the app to build, save and load missions and never the hub as I usually do stuff on the fly. Not sure how you can load the mission without firstly saving it by giving it a name etc and running it. Might try that. As for the dreaded 'extra' WP, I've done it and almost missed it before take off. Wish they would fix that with some kind of mission lock function. If you were to run it, as others have, you should be able to review it in the HD log as actual flight data as there have been a few flyaways investigated on this forum due to the inadvertent 'finger'.

I just downloaded his flight and up loaded it to HD and shared it, is the data there, or does he need to do it himself?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Rod

I just downloaded his flight and up loaded it to HD and shared it, is the data there, or does he need to do it himself?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Rod
No idea how you did that trick with the upload from his log file. Had to look at the map on my PC, too small for the iPad, but looking at the notifications, at approx 17 mins, the quad is back out to 1700 ft from HP before it was brought back. The OP could look at his original mission and overlay that with the HD info you've provided and make his own call. Probably something as simple as a finger mishap.

Hey guys, good info.

On the original mission and how it sits now, that last little scoot back toward the freeway isn't there. Only thing left was the last 500 or so feet to home. That's still how that mission looks. HAS to be the finger on the iPad thing I'm sure.

And yes Springs, I will definitely look at that. I have seen where the finger touch happens a bit too often to others, so that sounds like a good preventive measure

Hey guys, good info.

On the original mission and how it sits now, that last little scoot back toward the freeway isn't there. Only thing left was the last 500 or so feet to home. That's still how that mission looks. HAS to be the finger on the iPad thing I'm sure.

And yes Springs, I will definitely look at that. I have seen where the finger touch happens a bit too often to others, so that sounds like a good preventive measure
Well hopefully Litchi comes up with a mission lock of some sort, but as Springs mentioned, the POI is a good idea as the worst outcome would be multiple things for your quad to look at during a mission lol...

Well, I forgot to set Litchi to the POI instead of waypoint, but mean to look at doing that. I did run that mission again, and it ran perfect...made sure to keep the fat fingers away from the iPad this time, so I'm pretty well convinced that was the problem/solution.

Thanks again to those that provided input.

Well, I forgot to set Litchi to the POI instead of waypoint, but mean to look at doing that. I did run that mission again, and it ran perfect...made sure to keep the fat fingers away from the iPad this time, so I'm pretty well convinced that was the problem/solution.

Thanks again to those that provided input.
Happy dayz!

Can I ask (seeing we are all Litchi users) if anyone has trouble with AC following the different speeds that you can set between WPs? .
Also after running one short mission I have never had any successes loading a second mission , while the AC is in the air.
Thanks

@Webopper

Thanks and your Welcome.

We all learn much from this sight, and when the OP returns there results that is what makes it work!

But, I have to say your picture is really creepy, it actually makes my right eye hurt. ;)

@The Springs
You again!, I will give you a P3A update tonight.
Age 21?, Is this "Down Under Clock" :eek:

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj