Question for Australian pilots. CE or FCC?

Dal

Reaction score
Hey I'm on vacation in Australia and am finding my over the ocean range nearly cut in half. I'm wondering if it's due to the possibility that I'm flying in CE mode. But I can't find a clear answer if Australia is CE or FCC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've looked around and the best I can see and from what you say I say you are .
As many members aw we have here from there I am surprised no one has answered you .
Enjoy your vacation there Dal .

Yeah I ended up finding it sort of a back door way. Through a generic Rc forum. Australia is restricted to 25mW on the 5.8ghz band which I believe would translate to CE. Since dji spec for CE is 14dbm which converts to 25mW

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah I ended up finding it sort of a back door way. Through a generic Rc forum. Australia is restricted to 25mW on the 5.8ghz band which I believe would translate to CE. Since dji spec for CE is 14dbm which converts to 25mW

What does this mean exactly? Is it better or worse? What country did you get your Phantom in?

Worse. Half the distance as North America so same as Europe CE mode

Worse. Half the distance as North America so same as Europe CE mode

Yes, but no matter where you purchased your Phantom from, if it's GPS based it will always be CE in Australia

Last edited:
I don't know about rc restrictions but I am able to fly mine from my balcony in a suburb about 4km. I haven't tried over ocean but I regularly get out plenty far no problems

Hi,can anyone confirm that 100%CE for Australia and not FCC and if so where the source of information came from as I've spent days researching and got nowhere

Last edited:
Same here Strat, driving me nuts. I am looking at getting the Avata and I just can not find out definitely is Aus FCC or CE. The only positive thing is that I have flown many DJI drones here and am happy with the distance I get. But it's the penetration that is important i.e. behind objects, houses, trees and the like, that is important. The vids I have seen are from the US and the penetration is unbelievable with the new goggles. Have you found out yet? FCC or CE.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl