Question for All Plus V3 Owners:

Reaction score
Are you flying a new PLUS V3 without issues?

This is for any/all Vision Plus V3 owners only. With some of the talk about the newer motors and their thinner wires heating up causing them to short out and stop the motors from working, (see: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32368 ) resulting in quads dropping out of the sky, I would like to get a head count.

If you are one of the ones who have purchased and flying the new DJI Phantom 2 vision+ V3 (must be a V3) and haven't had any issues with this described motor wiring heating up and causing the motor to stop, please indicate so in this thread.

I'm not attempting to prove anyone wrong, I am just curious as to how many have been flying their new V3's regularly without experiencing this incident.

Also, please indicate approximately how many fights you've flown.

Thanks for your participation

I have a V3 that I received 11/25. I have approximately 20 flights with no problems.

I have had mine for about a month and 35-45 flights with no major issues. I have started to get a warning that there is not enough power to return home even when it is flying 20 feet in front of me with 50% battery. It happens on both of my batteries.

Seven flights in pretty windy conditions. I can hear the motors straining to hold position as I take a lot of stills. Not many flights but no problems yet.

I'm at 13 flights since Dec 25. No issues yet. All flights have been below freezing so heat is scarce to begin with. Took the top cover off tonight and moved the wiring on each ESC so it give as much space as possible to the Mosfets. No signs of melting yet. Hopefully won't see an issue, but it'll be a few months before I fly in anything above freezing temps due to our winters...

I've flown about a 12-20 flights since middle December... 3rd flight out, had a RTH as I was going to a landing spot near a tree, took off into the tree... worked on the gimbal flex cable and got back to flying a little more a week later and took my cover off last night as I heard of this issue and have noticed the somewhat melted wires, a couple had insulation glued together... I pulled apart, no bare wire but will be getting motors rewired soon. No way am I taking a chance... possible the falling out of sky from the RTH caused it? maybe, but it definitely doesn't seem smart to have those thin wires in there... possibly pulling them apart at least keeps the severity down for a little bit but it sounds like the thin wires are causing ESC issues regardless!

Have 14 flights in since the 3rd of December. Been a little shy with it due to the wiring issues. I'm afraid to open it up in fear of something happening and DJI saying, "Nope, it was opened... no warranty!"

Following the forums here and on DJI very closely and choosing from there....

Only 2 flights as I am quite worried about losing another drone already had a fly away with a fc40 but no problems so far

Steve

I have had 12-20 not sure but I have already modified mine for longer range and have been testing that out. I generally fly over 1000 feet distances and max out the flight time. I haven't had an issue with the phenix effect :roll:

I have been flying in cold temps 20-30 degrees so That might be enough of a factor. I'm hoping we will get some more useful information about these issues before summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers