Question concerning the Updates

Reaction score
Ok, we have all been reading about the trouble some are having, some worse than others, with the new updates.
Having just received my new P4P and setting it up, it upgraded everything to what I assume is the latest version, did the Updates on Monday the 24th of July.
Now my question is, can I do anything to try to find out if I have an issue, without just flying it? Hover low, test controls, I am just hoping there's some way.
I must test it within 30 days, so I have these option of returning it. I have 3 weeks left, need to get it tested.
BQ

My problem, as stated, is the update has already been installed. Hard to stay with an older version, after the fact.
The reasonfor the post.
BQ

Any update has two things:

1. Screwing it up during update
2. Revised features and bugs fixes

I never faced issue 1 above and never complained of issue 2.

Hope this gives you the answer.

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
Ok, we have all been reading about the trouble some are having, some worse than others, with the new updates.
Having just received my new P4P and setting it up, it upgraded everything to what I assume is the latest version, did the Updates on Monday the 24th of July.
Now my question is, can I do anything to try to find out if I have an issue, without just flying it? Hover low, test controls, I am just hoping there's some way.
I must test it within 30 days, so I have these option of returning it. I have 3 weeks left, need to get it tested.
BQ
What version is your app?

My problem, as stated, is the update has already been installed. Hard to stay with an older version, after the fact.
The reasonfor the post.
Tools have been created to allow you downgrade to any version of firmware you wish (check YouTube.) That's not saying whether you really need to or not, just noting that you now can.

Tools have been created to allow you downgrade to any version of firmware you wish (check YouTube.) That's not saying whether you really need to or not, just noting that you now can.
But I thought they took all other updates offline? Where do you get the older ones?
BQ

Last edited:
But I thought they took all other updates offline? Where do you get the older ones?

It's kind of ironic, but these altitude/NFZ hacks and rollback procedures might never have existed if DJI hadn't stimulated their development by becoming so draconian in their control efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twilightdrone
Just take it out and fly in beginners mode for a bit and see how it acts, look for wind warnings and strong interference warnings. These may pop up but will not affect your flying. Once comfortable fly it with beginner mode off but keep it close to home point and run through some maneuvers. If you keep getting the strong interference message just set your RC to the "custom" setting and select 5.8ghz, warnings should go away.

Just take it out and fly in beginners mode for a bit and see how it acts, look for wind warnings and strong interference warnings. These may pop up but will not affect your flying. Once comfortable fly it with beginner mode off but keep it close to home point and run through some maneuvers. If you keep getting the strong interference message just set your RC to the "custom" setting and select 5.8ghz, warnings should go away.
Great ideas, thanks!
BQ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj