Question concerning my P4

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just had something odd happen for the first time with my P4. I flew it out to about 1100 meters into the woods, flying about 70 meters high. I found an open field with a little pond and decided to descend to get better footage. Once I descended to roughly 23 meters everything went blank and said no signal. Right before this happened I had 18 satellites tracking it, with good video feed. This area I fly is complete woods for miles as well. Everything was black and said lost connection for roughly 1 1/2 minutes which felt like 15 minutes lol. Just curious if the lost connection was do to my descent and all the trees between myself and P4? Just don't want to experience this again.

Thanks for any helpful info.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello everyone,

Just had something odd happen for the first time with my P4. I flew it out to about 1100 meters into the woods, flying about 70 meters high. I found an open field with a little pond and decided to descend to get better footage. Once I descended to roughly 23 meters everything went blank and said no signal. Right before this happened I had 18 satellites tracking it, with good video feed. This area I fly is complete woods for miles as well. Everything was black and said lost connection for roughly 1 1/2 minutes which felt like 15 minutes lol. Just curious if the lost connection was do to my descent and all the trees between myself and P4? Just don't want to experience this again.

Thanks for any helpful info.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes, the loss of signal was because as you descended the light bridge signal was no longer able to reach the P4. It does very well through the air alone, but not very good through trees, bushes, or buildings. The signal is absorbed by the foliage.

Just curious if the lost connection was do to my descent and all the trees between myself and P4?
There should always be a direct line of sight between the Phantom and remote controller. If any obstacle blocks that path, the remote controller signal will disconnect.

Reactions: John Locke

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj