Question about Zenmuse capacity

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but it's not the first time in my life I've asked one of those. I've suddenly found myself in the position of having a Zenmuse "drop in my lap"...one of those "deals you can't say no to".

I desperately want to put it to use...my problem is that I do not at present have a Hero 3; I have one of the original Hero's.

Is anyone aware of whether or not this combination has ANY chance of working? I'm guessing I already know the answer and am posting this question only to continue to delude myself into thinking that I can "get by" with the old camera for a little while until my finances recover enough to pick up a new one.

My initial thought was that perhaps I could rig some way of powering the camera with the battery dismounted from the camera, mount it on the airframe and wire it to the camera remotely. I suppose that may still be a possibility, but I'm not sure if that's a viable solution, much less a GOOD solution.

Any ideas, suggestions, commentary (besides pointing out the painfully obvious fact that as I said in the first sentence that is a stupid question) would be appreciated. I am a complete neophyte regarding this gimbal system, so please be gentle.

I don't think I've spotted anyone mounting an older Hero to a Zenmuse.
you can pick up a previous Hero3 Black for $300 tho, probably the best way to go.

Gizmo3000 said:
you can pick up a previous Hero3 Black for $300 tho, probably the best way to go.

Yeah...no. Right now there will be no buying a new GoPro of any flavour for a while. I'm retired on a
fixed income, and a couple of sizeable and unexpected expenses this month have rendered that a complete
non starter. I am going to see if I can track down precise weights of the Hero 3, and will weigh my older gen Hero
with and without battery. If we're within a gram or two without the battery (which my gut tells me we probably are pretty close), I'll see if remotely powering it is in any way feasible. If not, I'll just have to admire the Zen in a box until funds for a new GoPro are there

WReimer said:
Gizmo3000 said:

Yeah...no. Right now there will be no buying a new GoPro of any flavour for a while. I'm retired on a
fixed income, and a couple of sizeable and unexpected expenses this month have rendered that a complete
non starter. I am going to see if I can track down precise weights of the Hero 3, and will weigh my older gen Hero
with and without battery. If we're within a gram or two without the battery (which my gut tells me we probably are pretty close), I'll see if remotely powering it is in any way feasible. If not, I'll just have to admire the Zen in a box until funds for a new GoPro are there

Hi,

I have a very very old GoPro Hero and I was ta a vendor on Monday. Does your existing GoPro camrea have the unique large conector at the back ? If not, I guess it will not fit.

my camera has the long, narrow vertical connector to accommodate the LCD screen accessory, but that's it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj