Question about waypoint and or GPS

Reaction score
Hi guys

My client has given me an exact GPS location he wants a series of images taken at different heights. Is there a way to enter this in as a waypoint or otherwise at least see the GPS co-ordinates that I can position my P3P. I cant even walk to the location with my hand held GPS as I cant get to the bush and swamp area.

Thanks for any help
Jase

In the Litchi app there is a way to see the GPS coordinates of where your bird is, you could fly to the right coordinates and mark it in the app. On DJI Go, you can fly to the spot in waypoint mode and set several waypoints of varying height. I'm pretty sure Go lets you save the waypoints for later. If not, Litchi will definitely do it.

The .SRT video subtitle file, if enabled in DJI GO, will display the GPS coordinates of the entire flight during video playback. Get physically as close as you can using google earth with the coordinates and launch from there using the google earth landmarks as your target at that location. Fly in corkscrew circles out from the center, all over the area with the bird and review the video to find the closest GPS match, using any visual landmarks on the ground directly below you, with the camera facing straight down, and then find them again in your next flight. Then fly the shots he wants at that location at the different heights. Confirm the GPS in the .SRT video recorded on your way there. Present to the client. Repeat as necessary to get it as accurate as he needs it. Odds are with a 20mm 92° FOV, you'll have it covered with the first set. Good luck!

In the Litchi app there is a way to see the GPS coordinates of where your bird is, you could fly to the right coordinates and mark it in the app. On DJI Go, you can fly to the spot in waypoint mode and set several waypoints of varying height. I'm pretty sure Go lets you save the waypoints for later. If not, Litchi will definitely do it.
Cool! Good to know! Haven't tried Litchi yet to know that, as it just became available for iOS. He really only needs one waypoint of the location. The altitudes are easily seen in the telemetry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31