P3 Firmware Question about updating firmware

Reaction score
I got my P3A drone the other day. I charged both batteries, and the controller. I have the latest DJI GO app on my iPad.
I updated the firmware for the controller last night (via the app). And I was reading the manual from DJI about updating firmware, and from what I can understand, you can update the aircraft, batteries and camera from the app (not needing to download the zip file and moving it to a microSD card). Is this true?

No, you need to extract the .bin file to the root of your SD card and then wait until the light at the front of the top gimbal plate changes from red/green flashing to solid green. Make sure the Controller is turned off the whole time, it can take up to 30 minutes. Leave the .bin file on your sd card to ensure any new batteries are updated when you use them.

Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

Reactions: daverich4
Only the P3 Standard and P3 4K will get their FW update thru the Go App. Although the update process is still the same from the SD card.
P3 Advanced, P3 Professional and the Inspire 1 will require you to download firmware from DJI's site, Unzip, place .bin into root directory.

ok. thanks for your help.
2 more questions about firmware….
1 - I am going to be updating it to the current one (1.06.xxx), I follow all the instructions, it will update the battery, camera and copter, correct?
2 - If I have 2 batteries, how would I go about updating both of them? Do I take the .bin file (and the .txt) off the sd card and put it back on?

ok. thanks for your help.
2 more questions about firmware….
1 - I am going to be updating it to the current one (1.06.xxx), I follow all the instructions, it will update the battery, camera and copter, correct?
2 - If I have 2 batteries, how would I go about updating both of them? Do I take the .bin file (and the .txt) off the sd card and put it back on?

1. Yes
2. Leave the .bin file on the root of your SD card, anytime you put a new battery in it will update the firmware automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1