Question about props

Reaction score
I just had a thought. If I keep my P3A with the props on, will the hub of the props stretch any? I mean stretch enough for the props to come loose at any point? Would it be best to remove them after each use so the material in the hub returns to its original size/shape? What do you think about this?

Wondered about that and storing in a case with props on, won't that bend them and affect the flight characteristic?

Okay, then how many times can you remove them before wear on the threads becomes an issue?

(We're shooting for a discussion)

Okay, then how many times can you remove them before wear on the threads becomes an issue?

(We're shooting for a discussion)

Another good point. I know props aren't expensive, as least not the regular ones, but could this increase the regularity that we should replace the props?

Last edited:
DJI props last a long, long time. I'm yet to retire a prop from wear, even after months of abuse. But I broke a couple or so during some rough takeoffs and landings, just happens. They're pretty sturdy and will last if they don't touch anything while spinning. I wouldn't worry about wearing them out even by leaving them on. I have only DJI props, but tried all kinds (composite hub, metal hub, nylon hub and carbon reinforced one with nylon hub too). They all work and last about the same in my experience, though I really fancy the carbon-reinforced type and the metal hub ones. And I never saw one come off from any P3, ever.

I would not leave them in a case for very long that puts pressure on the mounted props, which could certainly bend them over time. But I see no issue with leaving the props on the phantom. They're threaded on, not pushed on, so I don't see how it would stretch the hub in any way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj